Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light has been coming on in our 2013 Infinity QX56. Our mechanic was able to clear the light for awhile by running fuel injector cleaner in the gas which lasted for four months. The light was back so we replaced the O2 sensors and added some injector cleaner to the gas. The light is back on and we are hoping the injector cleaner helps but our mechanic said the code reads a bad left side cat. Does anyone know if the cheaper aftermarket converters are any good? It looks like a factory converter runs around $1K compared to $300-$400 for an aftermarket manifold with cat. Should we replace both converters at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the code being thrown? What's the purpose of the vehicle? (Daily driver / Highway / Offroad?
I’m not sure of the exact code our mechanic just said it indicated a bad drivers side converter. The vehicle is my wife’s daily driver/ kid bus.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
If the code p0430/p0420 your cats are failing and more than likely going to have to be replaced. If your mechanic can see your fuel trims, have him check them. The armada fuel pumps are know to go out when the vehicle is run on empty consistently. From my experience it gets enough fuel at 2,000 rpms but start to starve of fuel above that rpm range, causing it to run lean and excessive heat on the cats. if that's the case you might be able to prolong the life of the cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts