Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I swear I read a thread around here about someone purchasing a QX56 center console lid for their Armada, but the search is not giving it up. Are you out there?

I'd like to replace my console lid for something padded and comfy, preferrably with a leather cover.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

Anyone else read the article besides me? Or did I imagine it?

:)

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I didn't see it! :confused:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Well, I ordered the console lid anyway. Graphite leather to match my "steel" interior (hopefully) I'll post some pics when I get them changed out. Should be in by the end of the week. It will be nice, as the current hard plastic and tray thing is annoying and uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Funny

Funny thing is I just did this very same thing. Ordered the lid that is. Isn't here yet. I noticed that there was a difference between the lids for front console and the center console .. Any Ideas?? Only ordered one to see if I would like it.. then do the back..

While the Armadas armrests are probably the most comfortable I have ever experienced.. Sometimes I like to drop my arm off onto the console for awhile.
Strange I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Bump.

Anyone else read the article besides me? Or did I imagine it?

:)
I know what post you are talking about but I couldn't find it either....stupid search thinks "lid" is to short of a word.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Poorboy,

Must have been your thread?

Let us know how it fits when you get it in.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
were did you purchase it from and how much. i'd like to get one mine is all scratched up from my wifes pocket book.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Yep, got mine same place, same price. That wasn't my thread before. I didn't know anyone else was considering it. If the new one works out, I'd let my stock one go if someone wants a replacement. Gots a whole 8000 miles on it :)

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
adlmcloon how much did burtman industries charge you for your interior? I really like that look havnt seen any one who makes dash kits for Madas with a din type reciever. Youdidnt have to bring yours in anywhere to have it cut did you

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Nice. Sorry, but I'm going to copy you.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Nice. Sorry, but I'm going to copy you.
heh, why are you saying sorry for. This isn't a rare mod. Everyone should get it. I do have to tell you guys though the armada has a torque screws, The one on the QX has phillips head screws. Also the lock for the QX one is missing so I just swapped my armada one over. Everything bolts up nicely. It's comfy.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hmmm..

I have the grey "Steel" interior I think it's called. Anyone know if they have that same color in the QX56? That's the thing that's been keeping me from ordering it, not sure if they have that exact color? Any info guys?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
PumaFiveOh said:
I have the grey "Steel" interior I think it's called. Anyone know if they have that same color in the QX56? That's the thing that's been keeping me from ordering it, not sure if they have that exact color? Any info guys?
On the QX it's either graphite or willow. There are not other interior colors like steel.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got the steel interior as well. Wifey is strongly suggesting I take the cover down to an upholstery shop and get it recovered to match the interior. Guys, you know how it is- wifey wants it, so it shall be done. :)

I'll post pics of the new (matching) cover when I get it done. To me the graphite is ok with the steel (as it's just a darker grey) but it would look better if it matched.

It is comfy though, which was my main concern.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
adjmcloon said:
I've got the steel interior as well. Wifey is strongly suggesting I take the cover down to an upholstery shop and get it recovered to match the interior. Guys, you know how it is- wifey wants it, so it shall be done. :)

I'll post pics of the new (matching) cover when I get it done. To me the graphite is ok with the steel (as it's just a darker grey) but it would look better if it matched.

It is comfy though, which was my main concern.
I'd start with a QX lid rather than getting the Armada lid covered in any event. They can use the QX leather for a template. Probably make for a much cleaner finished product.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I also have the backseat qx console too. It's exactly the same as the front one. All you have to swap over is the latch. I think my interior is complete now..heh

1 - 20 of 65 Posts