Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Infiniti QX56
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 QX56 and my tilt steering when all the way up is solid with NO up and down play. When I tilt it lower then it has a bit of up and down play.

I took the panel off and I am thinking it's coming from this yellow plastic part (Pics below). Anyone know if this could be the issue and if so what is this part of called? Searched everywhere online and can't find it.

Any other experiences or guidance would be greatly appreciated if this is not the issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
you had redundant photos in your post which did not load up on the forum so I removed the links that errored out. your photos are thumbnails but you can click on them now.

looks like the tilt motor?

·
Registered
2012 Infiniti QX56
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you had redundant photos in your post which did not load up on the forum so I removed the links that errored out. your photos are thumbnails but you can click on them now.

looks like the tilt motor?

Thanks for the fix and links. Much appreciated.

Wondering if there is another option besides changing the whole motor as the motor works great.

My guess is the plastic part is worn and not holding it tight up and down or maybe there is a Bushing that wears out and can be replaced? Hoping someone has had a similar issue and solved for it without changing the whole motor assembly?

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
cant say ive seen someone on this particular forum comment about this, but i imagine these things wear out over time.

you can always try a salvage yard or fleabay for a used part. perhaps you can do some surgery and try and remove the piece you need. to me it looks like its all included as one piece by design...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts