Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the rear turn signals from a infiniti QX56 fit on a 04 armada? Like the design better. The rear ones on my armada look like their from a durango. Anyone have ideas if their interchangable?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
RKS said:
won't work, no reverse lights in them. the qx has them in the lift gate.
Why not add an auxiliary light (like a small fog light) under the bumper for a reverse light?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Campfamily said:
Why not add an auxiliary light (like a small fog light) under the bumper for a reverse light?

there is a lot of stuff we can do this is not a turn-key solution however.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
RKS said:
there is a lot of stuff we can do this is not a turn-key solution however.
Agreed, but wouldn't be all that hard. Would need to run a wire from the reverse light circuit to the new reverse light location, and find a good location to mount the light.

I can't think of any other easy solutions, all others would require mod'ing something either in the tail light cluster, or in the tailgate or bumper.

Keith

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
The tail lights on the Infiniti are LEDs, correct? Would that affect anything (power consumption, etc). It sounds like an interesting MOD (his is about the only thing I like on the Infiniti models, they are butt ugly!!)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I bet they are $$$$

I am sure they are really expensive. On the plus side the LEDs will last forever as long as you don't get hit there. I would rather spend my money on the tow mirrors or something useful and buy $2 replacement incandescent bulbs than replace something that works fine. Just my .02, to each his own.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
EightmanVT said:
Moving from incandescent bulbs to LEDs will only reduce the power consumption....
true, which in some cases will lead the system to think there is no bulb, or to blink faster than ususal or just not work properly, this is solved with a resistor added to the circuit to make it consume as much as the incandescent bulbs...i would assume the QX56 tails have that resistor included into the own board...

i know someone has done it, and i think i would get this mod approved...so i am looking for it just in case i get the ok to spend the money :D

Luigi

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The Infinity tail light assembly is not as tall as the Armada, since it doesn't have the backup lights. You would have to fabricate a filler strip and paint it to match.
This has been done. If you do a search here you will find that one of our members has made posts about this conversion.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
yeah , im searching but haven find it yet... i tried qx tails, qx turn signal, qx 56 led armada, i am still looking,

i know about the filler neede and also the backup lights...

if you find it please let me know the link...i will keep looking, thanks

Luigi

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
jajaj founf it efore you did...lol. thanks...

do you know how the fiber glass filler was attached to the tail lights ?? and how was the fiber glass piece made or where can it be purchased ??

thanks

Luigi

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
luigi'smada said:
jajaj founf it efore you did...lol. thanks...

do you know how the fiber glass filler was attached to the tail lights ?? and how was the fiber glass piece made or where can it be purchased ??

thanks

Luigi
Naw, it wasn't attached. He had to create/fabricate it!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
ummm... i see... i thought it was just a piece of a fiberglass sheet cut to fit and glued or some other way attached to the light...

well, thanks...

Luigi

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
i replaced the stock bulbs with LED brake lights it gave it a different look and i have had armads owners pull up and ask if i was ina 07 lollol

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I tried LED brake and rear turn lights from frickinbrite.com - 24 LED with 6 radial. Did not really like the look - it was very bright in the center and dim all around. Returned it for credit less shipping and restocking :( . Certainly did not look like real LED taillights which are usually like a sheet of lights. May be the ones you got are better. Also, on the Armada (at least the 04's) you will need a load resistor for the turn lights otherwise it will be flashing rapidly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts