Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I’ll try to keep this short, but it’s been quite the journey!!! I originally purchased a fully loaded 2015 Infiniti QX80 with only 20k miles on it. Figured 20k miles and still some factory bumper to bumper warranty what could possibly go wrong! Well......

I loaded up the wife, 7 year old son and our new baby for a 6 hour trip to Virginia to purchase the QX80 I mentioned above. Noticed some excessive wear on the body with paint chips and the inside seemed to have a lot of wear for only 20k miles. The chrome on the gear shift was gone. Seat had a lean to it. But we took it back to Pittsburgh anyway. That’s when I noticed the amount of body work done to the car and not good body work either! Then the transmission blew up! Infiniti put a new one in. Then the caliper froze up. Infiniti fixed it. Then the wheel bearing went bad. Infiniti fixed that too!

By now I’m a little upset!! So the Infiniti dealership did the right thing and offered to buy the vehicle back or find me something else and just trade. They sent me a few options, but this 2017 Armada Platinum in Mocha Almond Pearl stood out from everything else! It was gorgeous. So I drove all the way back to Virginia for a test drive and fell in love. Only 28k miles and it’s 100 times better in every way than the Infiniti was. The interior as you all know is identical. But the Armada drives nicer and looks better than my Infiniti did.

I’ll quit going on and on here. But so far I am very happy with the Armada Platinum! I just want a little more stance and a slightly larger tire and a front bull bar if one is available.
D63EE30B-F846-4C7D-A458-6961948C7163.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
That dealership was really good to you to buy that car back.

You got yourself a nice ride now. Enjoy the Armada. Looks good. Nice color. Not common around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the dealership was even trying to help me with the Infiniti, but once we took care of one thing it was just something else! But I would definitely buy from this dealership again cause their first priority was making sure I was happy with what I bought from them.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I'm not sure I would buy from that dealership again.....they knowingly sold you a piece of crap, figuring that since you were coming from a long distance, the odds of it coming back were slim. Then, when they were caught, they did do the right thing. However, this points out the necessity of paying for a comprehensive pre-purchase inspection before you buy any used car, whether it's under warranty or not.

Would be curious to take a look at the dealer's inventory in a week or so to see if they've put the QX80 back on the lot, or if they wholesaled it out.

Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I agree with you on that. However the transmission was acting fine on the test drive and was fine the entire ride home. They did know the vehicle had a few rough spots and the price did not reflect this.

I think they got it in on trade and quickly put it on the lot for their Memorial Day sale. They did not have to purchase the vehicle back though. So I’ll give them that. Yes I still lost a few thousand dollars between the PA inspection, window tint, full paint correction and gas driving these thirsty vehicles back and forth to Virginia!
But in the end I’m a lot happier with the Armada. I’m not your typical $80k Infiniti SUV owner and I felt weird driving it around. I have driven Mopars for the past 5 years. I owned a heavily modified Durango R/T, a heavily modified Ram show truck and my last vehicle was a modified 2018 Charger Scatpack.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I owned a heavily modified Durango R/T, a heavily modified Ram show truck and my last vehicle was a modified 2018 Charger Scatpack.
You know when you say things like this it arouses people's appetite to actually see these beasts. Well, it arouses my curiosity and I am sure some others would not mind looking at them.

Do you have some pictures of those 2 HEAVILY modified Durango R/T and Ram show truck? Plus pics of the Charger too would be welcome.

Well, that is if you wish to share.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts