Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2012 Manual says to use Nissan Long Life (blue) radiator fluid but when I filter for the 2012 Armada on Amazon or anywhere else I keep getting (yellow) fluid listed and when I search blue Radiator fluid it says it doesn't fit my vehicle. Online search for correct type also has been fruitless.

So what radiator fluid are we supposed to put in these things?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I've run into similar issues. Online tools say to use blue coolant but coolant in the radiator is green. I went to the dealer and gave them my vin and they said to use green. They weren't too confident though. Maybe check your dealer service department.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't live particularly close to a Nissan dealer. I also would rather go with the aftermarket equivalent. My issue is that what is in the owner's manual is being countered by almost every aftermarket website.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Part Number is 999MP-L25500P

Nissan began transitioning new vehicles to Blue Long Life Coolant in 2009, as it has an extremely long service life of 7 years/105,000 miles for the factory fill, 5 years/75,000 miles for subsequent replacement fills. Nissan Blue coolant can be mixed with green coolant, though doing so will of course reduce the lifespan of the coolant in comparison to running blue-only.

Service Information (PDF) doc attached

Attachments

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bought a case of 6 off the Zon. Wasn't cheap, but was cheaper than buying 4 separately and the wife has an Altima.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depends on the area you are living at. For hot ambient countries you should use blue long life coolant 2 containers of 4 litres as this type designated for such heavy duty engine. Be sure to replace thermostat and radiator cap too.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Prestone coolants come in different colors and their blue appears to be better on paper than nissan blue but these differences usually don't matter. Some might have part failure (thermostat, radiator, etc) early on necessitating coolant replacement or some would sell/trade in the car long before the coolant is due for replacement. The same is true with engine oil.

I believe the nissan blue is a rebranded acdelco ce extended blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts