Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning after taking my son to school I had a little time before work. I decided to go ahead and install the tru-cool transmission cooler bypassing the radiator. Good luck on your install; I hope this gives you some ideas.

https://youtu.be/Zsa_IKjwJ7k

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Finally got a chance to test fit the Hayden Radiator Bypass Cooler.

Also bought the mounting kit:

And extra hose.

There really is only one place to put this one because of it's size and it's basically where I have it shown below. It will fit behind the grill, but I'm going to have to cut off the lower plastic mount struting bracket on the inside of the grill when I go to mount this permanently. I bent 2 mounting brackets (as shown) so that I could mount it vertically without any leaning. I also drilled a small hole in the tab (shown at bottom of the first picture) and I also used a piece of strip metal to provide a third mounting point and to hold it from touching a relay cover behind it. I also had to bend back the mount for the driver's side OEM horn so it wouldn't touch the cooler too.

I'm going to paint the bracket parts black and then wire the hoses up and change my transmission fluid at the same time.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Maybe I missed it in another thread, but what are the things that look like they have blue speaker grills on them?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts