Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Armada with 150k miles has just recently developed the back end rattle when I hit bumps or potholes. I've had 2 different shops do an inspection but found nothing. We've checked spare,jack,entire undercarriage, shocks,struts,running boards. Any help would be appreciated. Gia

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
My 2012 Armada with 150k miles has just recently developed the back end rattle when I hit bumps or potholes. I've had 2 different shops do an inspection but found nothing. We've checked spare,jack,entire undercarriage, shocks,struts,running boards. Any help would be appreciated. Gia
It would be diffucult to diagnose over this forum. But, if you have someone sit back there maybe they can tell where the rattling is coming from.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Check the exhaust pipe weld on the outlet of the muffler. I have a '12 platinum and a mysterious rattle has been getting worse over the last few months. I noticed it was worse when idling in gear at a red light or drive through. Checked it a few times and never found the source, until the pipe broke loose last week.
This the most common exgaust problem with Armadas, next to the manifold issue.

I just ordered a JBA cat-back system for mine, as the entire muffler and Y pipe looked rough too. I'll drive it without the tailpipe until my kit arrives.
Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2013 120k. I live in NY/NJ so it’s gonna be a matter of time before bolts and screws start flying off the back. I suspect it’s either the rear side windows or the rear hatch glass but like toname said I’d have to have someone sit back there. Looking forward towards the input on this thread. Hate that it sounds like I’m driving an empty uHaul truck.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
The rear seats may also rattle when they are not occupied...so some WD40 may be in order.

Reactions: paullyswervinn
1 - 5 of 5 Posts