Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

A month or so ago I started hearing a clicking sound coming from the rear of my 2008 Armada. Some investigation traced the issue to the rear A/C control unit located behind/inside the passenger side panel in the cargo area. The clicking occurs randomly on engine start-up and will happen for 10-30 seconds and then stop. The noise appears to be related to the temperature function, because if I turn on the rear fan and select a hot temperature, the clicking stops...turn back to a cool temperature, and the clicking starts again.

I am guessing at this point that the issue is with a solenoid which controls the flow of either engine coolant (for heating) or the feed from the A/C compressor.

So my question: has anyone had this issue, and what is the solution?? I searched the forum and only came up with this thread, which unfortunatly does not contain a solution;

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21127&highlight=clicking+a/c

Any help is appreciated!!

-Cheers

Diagram of rear A/C internals attached - one of the airflow control doors may have a bad position sensor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
It is the Air Blend Door Actuator. Mine is clicking also.

The part # is: 27400-ZQ00A

The actuator part # is :VP8ASH-19E616-BA
I am trying to find the part. It is very easy to change out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
It is the Air Blend Door Actuator. Mine is clicking also.

The part # is: 27400-ZQ00A

The actuator part # is :VP8ASH-19E616-BA
I am trying to find the part. It is very easy to change out.
Let me know if ya find anyone who has them in stock , the noise drives me nuts. :temphot:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Clicking Rear AC

See pictures, this is definitely what was clicking in mine. I took it apart and the gears were worn which was what was making it click. I turned the gears and put it back and no clicking so far. You have to make sure you put it back in the way you took it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics. I will have a look this weekend to see if I can locate the part. I also have the issue with my vents not changing locations. Meaning, they are stuck on front vents only so no feet or defrost. Defrost is the most important for me right not.

Thanks again for these.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
This has nothing to do with your front AC. This is the rear actuator. It only controls the mixture of air for the rear AC.
Your front AC has a separate actuator. Totally difference problem.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Yep. Unfortunately, I'm having both issues. I found the part for the front ac and read some posts on how to replace it. It was only $30. The part number you list here is $400. Is that correct???

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Fixed both issues yesterday. Part number is the same both both parts - 27743-ZP00A. My local dealership had it in stock.

Not difficult to change if you have the right tools. The one under the stearing wheel was the hardest since I was laying on my back and hard to get my hands to the part.

If anyone needs advice or help, be glad to help. Good luck to others out there with the same issue.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Yep. Unfortunately, I'm having both issues. I found the part for the front ac and read some posts on how to replace it. It was only $30. The part number you list here is $400. Is that correct???
Hi do you have the link on how to replace the front one? Thx

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I don't have a link to a site or anything. I just figured it out myself by looking under the dash area where the brake and gas pedal are while having someone else change the vent settings. I could hear it clicking and then removed the radio amp to see the part that need to be replaced.

If you can't find it, let me know and I can take some pics and send them to you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts