Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Armada LE 4x4 - Still runs like new!
15 Posts
Just tried this repair and it came out pretty good. It was pretty easy. Here are a few pictures
I'm so glad I came across this thread! I have the exact same situation: There is a black cable (or perhaps an air line for a rear shock?) that runs right across the top of my 5/16 in. A/C line and has warn a groove in it to the extent that it has started leaking its florescent green fluid. I have 2 of the Dorman 5/16" splice kits to make the repair.

I assumed that if there was HVAC Pag oil running out of that little hole in the 5/116" high pressure line that my refrigerant would have also run out and my system would be empty. To my surprise I found that it was still under pressure when I pressed the Schrader valve on the lower pressure line. How could there still be pressurized refrigerant if the oil is leaking out??? Or does the high pressure line (where the leak is) work independently of the low pressure line? In any event I don't think I can just cut into that line to make my repair or it could get very messy. Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Related question. I purchased my 2010 used. The 100 whatever check didn't show a problem but then in summer I found the AC not working. I did have it repaired at the dealer but asked whether the AC lines problem should have been caught. They indicated the lines were rusted but were not visible in an undercarriage inspection.... Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
You post a tough question... But it's all about the $$$ if a rusted line is there but at the moment is not posing a problem. The dealer more than likely W/N replace it at their cost. I think you know what I'm getting at. Now if you are paying... they'll replace anything you want at your cost.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2 Posts
You post a tough question... But it's all about the $$$ if a rusted line is there but at the moment is not posing a problem. The dealer more than likely W/N replace it at their cost. I think you know what I'm getting at. Now if you are paying... they'll replace anything you want at your cost.
Yes... and my usual suspicion towards dealers and repairs drives my question. I suppose I just need to put my head under my vehicle to see if I can see the lines. Their comment about not seeing them rusted out during the inspection just struck me as a bit questionalbe.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts