Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen online many posts regarding this issue but none show how to actually remove the line. There's a bolt in the middle and when I removed it the line still wasn't freed. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Is it just fused on there? Can you try gently to get a chisel or flathead screwdriver in there? Maybe try some PB Blaster to loosen up the rust.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a possibility, might try it later, just don't want to make the issue any worse. Was quoted up to 2k from two different dealers.

Anyone else have any idea? Are they welded etc? How is the pipe attached to the rubber mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I know this is an old post but there was no follow up.
I'm in the same boat. I snapped the head of the bolt off..yet nothing separated. I am unsure if the block is two halves that need to be separated or am I supposed to pull down on the metal tubes?
How do I seperate this?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I know this is an old post but there was no follow up.
I'm in the same boat. I snapped the head of the bolt off..yet nothing separated. I am unsure if the block is two halves that need to be separated or am I supposed to pull down on the metal tubes?
How do I seperate this?
If yours look about the same as the OP. Then the fitting is just really frozen on there. And since your bolt snapped off. Then more than likely you will have to replace the rear evaporator (unless you can extract the broken bolt). Nothing else is holding the hose in place other the bolt you broke and the rubber O-Ring that keeps it from leaking. Yes.. It should come straight down. Try to do some gentle horizontal twisting to break the O-ring seal loose.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts