Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know there are a ton of threads out there but I'm not sure which one to follow. I have the problem with the lines leaking right in front of the rear passenger wheel where it's mounted to the body. I want to reroute the lines since the bracket is rusted on and I can't get it off so I will need to cut the lines while they are on the truck.

Will this work?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure I follow. If I only order one of the 5/16's kit, I still won't have enough connectors to move both A/C lines. so wouldn't i need 2 of those the 5/16's kits so I can move them both and remount to another location? Or should I just order one kit and get another set of adapters and cut the hose that comes with the full kit? And if I'm hearing you correctly, I don't need to move the heater lines 5/8 inch lines and can leave them as be?

Edit: Ahh, looked at the picture again, there is only 1 5/16 and 3 5/8's hence the need for only one kit.

Has anyone tried using MAPP gas, hand held torch and an aluminum rod to try and patch the holes in the aluminum? Thinking about trying that before rerouting the AC line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What did you use to cut the aluminum run? I can't get a tool on top of the line so would have to cut from the bottom up. Worried about pinching it closed. I have the splice kit coming today so will definitely give it a try just need to know what to use to cut it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No offense taken. I'm sure you didn't nail it your first go round. My only concern is getting the old run out first. I can only get the current piece away from the body/mounting bracket an inch or so. Will need to get it up on a lift so I can get a good look. Appreciate the advice. Doesn't sound to be too hard but more of a pain than anything. Would love to learn how to do it, maybe I'll pick up a piece of 5/16 inch aluminum and practice on it before trying it on the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts