Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I'm down to maybe the height sensor or computer needing replacement. Maybe the potentiometer inside the switch starts sending the wrong voltage signal back to the computer? It's funny because I'll cycle it, get it to the right height manually by releasing all air that was built up. Shut off the truck and bolt it back to stock. Turn the truck on and 20sec later it jacks it up to 38", 2" too high. It's gone higher before too
It sounds as if the height sensor is not sending the signal on time or the computer not receiving the signal. I only had to mess with my compressor and strut, as I had them both leaking air. Do you know someone local that may lend you their height sensor for you to test? I would imagine that has to be cheaper than the computer or relay that received the message under the hood.
Hmm. No nobody local. I've ordered a code reader. There's about 10 different DTC codes the suspension control computer will send and I'm expecting that there's some in there related to voltage or something. None of them will actually cause the CHK SUSP light either from what I've read. Unfortunately most of the diagnostic procedures at this point involve the Consult III scanner == dealer $$$

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Scanned it.. Didn't find any DTC codes. I guess replacing height sensor is first thing to do. It's funny how when it is fine and you start it and 20 seconds later it jacks it up. Weird

·
Registered
3 Posts
rpenlington - I have the same symptoms you have described. My Armada is sitting in the garage right now and the rear is sky high. And if I start it (after sitting in the garage for a few hours) and just let it run for a few minutes, the height will return to normal (assuming it acts like it has the last few times). So I don't think it's a release valve issue. Ever find a solution? Since your last post talked of replacing the height sensor, should I assume that fixed it?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
rpenlington - I have the same symptoms you have described. My Armada is sitting in the garage right now and the rear is sky high. And if I start it (after sitting in the garage for a few hours) and just let it run for a few minutes, the height will return to normal (assuming it acts like it has the last few times). So I don't think it's a release valve issue. Ever find a solution? Since your last post talked of replacing the height sensor, should I assume that fixed it?
Yes I replaced the height sensor, fixed it instantly. Back of the plastic holding wires in had peeled back, water would get in, it would short the wires and turn on pump. Hope that helps. Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I replaced the height sensor, fixed it instantly. Back of the plastic holding wires in had peeled back, water would get in, it would short the wires and turn on pump. Hope that helps. Ron
Thanks for the quick response! I replaced the sensor and problem solved. Couldn't see any damage to the old sensor, but glad to have it solved without having to pay for dealer diagnosis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 2012. However I'm 90% sure I know the problem, just not the solution. Everything I can find online says the linkage for the sensor should be sitting horizontal, however mine is sitting vertically. How can I correct this myself? Or is it a shop fix?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts