Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trip to Nissan service for a separate issue, service rep mentioned there was a TSB for the rear axle on my '04 Armada. He ordered the kit and I'll get it taken care of when the parts get in.

Anyone know anything about this? First I'd heard of it. Apologies, but I didn't have the opportunity to get any more details.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I haven't noticed any noise from the rear axle, but nice of the service rep to let me know about it.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
My 04 Armada has been at the dealership for the last 18 days and that was one of the many issues resolved in the visit. This TSB did work. I don't hear it anymore i should say. When I got there they handed me 5 sheets full of all the stuff the did to it. But My Armada is almost raddle free now! It is weird when you go down the road and you don't here the booming noise and the rattles.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Had the fix once... after about 7-8K it's doing it again. No major surprise to me, since a lot of these fixes seem to be short lived.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
TopazM3 said:
Had the fix once... after about 7-8K it's doing it again. No major surprise to me, since a lot of these fixes seem to be short lived.
Well, it is grease. And we are the only full size SUV with independent rear suspension. May just be the weight that they are trying to overcome. Also, they may not have put enough on the first time. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
And we are the only full size SUV with independent rear suspension.
Ford Expedition
Range Rover
Hummer H1

All 3 have IRS

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Campfamily said:
Ford Expedition
Range Rover
Hummer H1

All 3 have IRS
Expedition Didn't know about the Ford. Got me there. Probably Navigator also then.
Range Rover: Not full size to me. Midsized.
H1 Not in our class. More military vehicle that costs twice as much than a competitor.

Still none in GM's or Toyotas bags. Dodge, Jeep, and Honda still don't offer them. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought the Armada, that and the drivetrain. Didn't want a Ford, couldn't afford a Land Rover, wife wouldn't drive a H1 :).

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts