Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have read way to many posts and forum threads on this subject. So much good information its almost overload. But there are 2 questions that I haven't seen discussed or answered so far. I have a 2012 4x4 platinum with 8 in lift. Its time to replace the rear coil springs with the moog 81085 springs to level the rear end. The 2 questions I have are when ordering new shocks do they need to be about 2 inches longer since the 81085 will lift the rear approximately 2 inches? And last what would be the best rout for replacing shocks keep the air shocks or replace with bilistien for towing. If I have missed the answer in a previous post my bad for reposting like I said I'm in information overload stage now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have an '08 LE and would also like to know if I should replace rear shocks with OEM parts or upgrade to the Bilstein 5100s.

Pretty sure the compressor in mine is bad now. It was running a lot and since Im a noob I didnt look into it until it died and now its pretty much riding at the bottom. Good learning experience for me I guess.

Anyway, I need to replace it. What did you end up doing @Angrynuke ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done anything yet. But from all I've read replace your air shocks with the 5100 and moog 81085 ( I think ) coils. It is supposed to be a much better ride. My mada has 8 inches of lift so I'm trying to find a way to double shock the rear end for stability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I have read way to many posts and forum threads on this subject. So much good information its almost overload. But there are 2 questions that I haven't seen discussed or answered so far. I have a 2012 4x4 platinum with 8 in lift. Its time to replace the rear coil springs with the moog 81085 springs to level the rear end. The 2 questions I have are when ordering new shocks do they need to be about 2 inches longer since the 81085 will lift the rear approximately 2 inches? And last what would be the best rout for replacing shocks keep the air shocks or replace with bilistien for towing. If I have missed the answer in a previous post my bad for reposting like I said I'm in information overload stage now.
Did you do lift and spring replacement yourself? If so, what type of spring compressor did you use? I am replacing the air ride with conventional shocks (Bilstein 6500). The springs seem to have a larger diameter ,OD than most compressors I have found. How do the 8100s ride?

Did you do lift and spring replacement yourself? If so, what type of spring compressor did you use? I am replacing the air ride with conventional shocks (Bilstein 6500). The springs seem to have a larger diameter ,OD than most compressors I have found. How do the 8100s ride?
got the numbers crossed. Mine 4600s, yours the 5100.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I didn't use a compression tool. If you Google armada coil spring replacement there is a video that shows the 1 bolt you need to remove. It rides a million times better to be honest. If it wasn't lifted the coil springs would have taken less than 2 hours to swap out. I do recommend replacing the shocks at the same time as the coiks. Also the lower shock bolt was an absolute nightmare to break loose. I ended up letting penetrating oil soak in for about 12 hours then usee a torch and an impact gun.

And sorry for grammar trying to type and walk while I have a few minutes

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you lift this without removing the air suspension? I have been looking to lift mine (2013 Platinum) for over a year and everything seems to be a pain. I have a few more questions so I’m just going to list them..
1. I want to run 20x10s on at least 33s after lifting 3 inches if possible, but everyone I’ve talked to says I would have clearance issues.
2. How is the ride?
3. Did you end up running the bilsteins with the Moog Coils? How much lift did you get
Would love to have mine up 8in but Minnesota says you can’t lift more than 6 above factory…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts