Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have trip from NC to FL for vacation in June so I'm trying to get the Mada ready

I see in my 2010 owners manual 75w90. I have in my records that 30k ago (108k) I did 75w140. I've had no problems but at 138k (30k) its due. Can anyone advise on which is recommended? I have some Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic LS that I used in my '11 Expedition. Can I use that?

Also going to probably drop the Trans pan & replace filter, gasket & fluid. Manual states Nissan Matic S (J if no S is available) I did drain & fill it 30k ago as well. Again, have had no issues just wondering if anyone else has done this recently? I did all this to my Expedition with no problems & expect this to be just as straight forward.

Like everything else it seems prices have definitely gone up. Even to do this myself I'm looking at ~$100 for transmission & ~$30 for 2 quarts of rear differential.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Really any synthetic 75w90 gear oil will do in both front and rear differentials. The 75w140 is recommended for the first gen trucks if towing regularly.

This past weekend, I drained and filled the entire drivetrain (diffs, t-case, transmission) on my QX80. I’ve been using Ravenol products since picking up the QX80 and I definitely recommend their stuff. You can buy it directly from Blauparts.com; currently having a sale for the Ravenol J2/S ATF too. I did this same drain and fill almost 75K miles on the transmission so it was time.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
233 Posts
75w140 was essentailly a service bulletin for the first gen that towed alot...Either should work just fine. Personally I would go with the 75w140, just beause it gives more temperature range than the 75w90.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts