Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Platinum with 94000 miles.

So my rear driver side door won't open from either inside or outside. I went out yesterday to take a closer look and was able to get it open only once by repeatedly hitting the unlock button on the remote and immediately pulling the door handle. That only worked once and it is now not opening again. There is nothing in the latch etc. and the child lock is off. I've read several thread on this topic and the only thing I've gleaned is to take it to the dealer. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. The latch, or whatever the thingy is on the inside of the door that you flip to lock/unlock the door will not go all the way to the unlocked position. As shown in the picture, that is as far as the latch/switch will go. I can feel movement when I hit the unlock button, but it won't go any further.

Any simple suggestions out there for what I can do to resolve this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
This just happened to my QX80 two weekends ago. I lowered the window, reached in and pulled the lock/unlock tab to keep it in the unlock position. (Apply pressure in keeping that tab open because the actuator is likely done as it was in my case and the reason the latch was not unlocking completely). Then I pulled the outside door handle and I was able to open the door. I did this for a couple days to make sure I could still open the door if needed.

I removed the door lock actuator assembly and when applying 12v directly, the latch mechanism barely moved at all. I ordered a replacement from Infiniti and installed this past weekend. All good now.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Note that I can't get the lock/unlock tab to move further than what is shown in the picture. I have tried to push it to the open position while opening the door. No go. Feels like it is jammed.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Note that I can't get the lock/unlock tab to move further than what is shown in the picture. I have tried to push it to the open position while opening the door. No go. Feels like it is jammed.
Have you tried opening the door panel and see if the cable or the lock my have come loose or broken?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet. It will be rather difficult to remove the door panel with the door closed so was hoping for an alternative solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same issue with my ‘11 mada. Front passenger door. Can’t take panel off without opening door. Nissan wants $500 just to investigate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts