Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and this wasn't specifically mentioned...

So, the motor does not lift or lower the rear hatch by use of any button or FOB. The actuator arm on the left appears loose as I can easily move it side to side. Have not removed any panels yet. Additionally, the automatic latching mechanism does work when lowering the hatch manually. Clearly two separate systems? This '09 LE is new to me, so just getting up to speed. Will post some additional q's also...

Thanks,

MS

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
the glass window is manual raise. the arm may be broken or detached from the support under the finisher.

the hatch is automatic.

you should read the operator manual as it will give you answers to these basic questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the glass latching works fine. I'll look in the manual re: the automatic function of the rear hatch. Oh, and by two separate systems, I meant the motorized system that automatically lifts and lowers the rear hatch, and the system that engages the latch when closed. The latter is working properly. Thanks, MS

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
When you open the tailgate manually, does it stay up by itself? The motor is not strong enough to lift the tailgate without being assisted by the gas struts. So if it doesn't stay up, replace the struts.

If your struts are good, then remove the cover on the left side of your interior where the jack is stored (look in your manual on how to do that). Close the hatch. Then, climb into the back of your truck through the rear door and look inside the compartment. There will be a toothed bar in this compartment. Check to see that it is bolted to the motor arm. A few of us have had that bolt come loose. If it is loose, then get a new bolt and replace it.

Keith

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Funny Keith, as you sent this, I was out getting the manual. With that said: The tail gate does stay up, without any sagging, in the full up position.

I suspect it is that bar, as it is very loose. I'll take a peek inside there. Thanks much!

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the glass latching works fine. I'll look in the manual re: the automatic function of the rear hatch. Oh, and by two separate systems, I meant the motorized system that automatically lifts and lowers the rear hatch, and the system that engages the latch when closed. The latter is working properly. Thanks, MS
Hey Keith, sure enough, climbing back there with the tail gate closed clearly showed the missing bolt. Happened to have a metric one in my stash, and all is fixed. Took the time to drill an access hole that can be plugged, so that bolt can be easily checked w/o having to pull back that large piece of interior. Thanks, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Glad you were able to fix the problem, and thanks for coming back and sharing the fix.

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts