Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Any chance you took a pic of the other end?

I was mucking about in there earlier this evening, and came to the realization that I'm completely MISSING the cable that goes from the actuator to the door mechanism!! I hunted and pecked all the way through the door, but it has physically disappeared!!

So MY issue with the (power) hatch is that it does not lock. (Well, it doesn't funtion at all, but I noticed this cable missing and figure I'm going to deal with this part first.) The microswitch for the handle is definitely toast, so the hatch can't be opened unless you open the glass and reach in. The glass locks no problem, so the vehicle is secure. But I can use the manual lever inside the door whether I have locked the car or not.

I'm asking about the other end as I cannot for the life of me figure out where the cable would even hook up! I didn't pull the (big-ass) latching mechanism out, as some dark clouds were rolling in and I wanted to put it back together before the hail hit.
Sorry, those are the only pics I took. I'm out on vacation til middle of next week. I'll try and take some pics when I get back.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
A few things I found:
1. If your back widow will not open its possibly due to the hatch handle having a crack on the inside where the cable rests. Its ether this or the cable has come loose.
2. if you put a zip tie around the cable it keeps it from coming loose. (see pic)
3. I know its been talked about here constantly but the spraying white lithium grease into very small drilled holes on the actuator does work. (make sure when you re install the actuator it is in the correct position)
4. I sprayed all hinges and joints with WLG just to be sure.

So far this is working. My rear hatch would not open at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Investigated my rear lift gate problem today as I was having same symptoms like everyone else.

Popped open the rear lift gate to inspect and found that my manual handle cable is completely gone. I fished around the tailgate space but didn't find anything...strange.

Anyone know where I can just get a cable in the right length?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered the "deck lid release cable" 90519-7S000 however the handle end did not have a metal "ball" attached to the cable to insert into the deck lid handle, so not sure if this was the correct cable for my 04 Armada. (or even necessary for powered lift gates?)

In any event, as I went to put this cable in, I used the outside handle to open the lid on instinct and to my amazement the lift gate had opened under motor power.

Which now leads to the next problem I am investigating, that it does not close under power when I hit the close button:
1) on the fob (get beeps and actuator unlocking, but no closing) ,
2) driver side gate button (get beeps and actuator unlocking, but no closing),
3) the rear gate close button, (no beeps and no closing action.)

I can open the lift gate now under its own power, but closing I have no reaction.

Relay problem? Gate sensor problem?

Investigated my rear lift gate problem today as I was having same symptoms like everyone else.

Popped open the rear lift gate to inspect and found that my manual handle cable is completely gone. I fished around the tailgate space but didn't find anything...strange.

Anyone know where I can just get a cable in the right length? View attachment 49558 View attachment 49559

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I ordered the "deck lid release cable" 90519-7S000 however the handle end did not have a metal "ball" attached to the cable to insert into the deck lid handle, so not sure if this was the correct cable for my 04 Armada. (or even necessary for powered lift gates?)
View attachment 49594

In any event, as I went to put this cable in, I used the outside handle to open the lid on instinct and to my amazement the lift gate had opened under motor power.

Which now leads to the next problem I am investigating, that it does not close under power when I hit the close button:
1) on the fob (get beeps and actuator unlocking, but no closing) ,
2) driver side gate button (get beeps and actuator unlocking, but no closing),
3) the rear gate close button, (no beeps and no closing action.)

I can open the lift gate now under its own power, but closing I have no reaction.

Relay problem? Gate sensor problem?
What you describe is exactly the problem I am having now, although intermittent.

I can open fine but it will not close at times. I can hear the actuator in the lift gate going and it may try to move an inch to close before it beeps and stops moving.

What's strange is the actuator keeps making noise randomly at times when the hatch is open.

Were you able to find a fix? I am going to look into it today and see if I can try the lube trick. Will post back if I have success.

I've also found water in the back hatch so have to tackle that as well.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts