Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my lift gate... On my new to me, 2010 Armada platinum, the rear handle to open the lift gate isn’t working.. the handle for the rear window works.

I don’t know if anyone has has this issue and a repair for it..

Thanx in advance for ur comments....

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
hi, i see you are new so welcome.

there have been issues with lift gate handle over the years so it may help to do a bit of searching.
you can also search for the qx mode of the same year as they were both made on the same line and share many components.

here is a thread:

there are more options at the bottom of this thread.

some cases it could be the cable has detached from the handle, other cases it could be the motor. regardless, you will have to remove the back door finisher to inspect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a problem with my lift gate... On my new to me, 2010 Armada platinum, the rear handle to open the lift gate isn’t working.. the handle for the rear window works.

I don’t know if anyone has has this issue and a repair for it..

Thanx in advance for ur comments....
Welcome Busch...nice to have another pilot here....

I had the same issue. You can troubleshoot a few things fairly quickly:

1. When you pull the handle, does the lift gate motor operate? If so, then see #2.

2. When you lift the gate manually, is the actuator arm very loose? This was my case, and removing the panel revealed the connection bolt was missing. Easy fix.

Check the above first, if the motor is working, as it's an easy fix.

Ultra

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please, before you do anything, just disconnect the battery for 10 seconds and reconnect. We have had our '08 QX56 since new (July, '07) and the lift gate has mysteriously stopped working twice. Both times a "reboot" fixed it.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
there is a mode that turns off the motor so the rear hatch is free to manually open and close. you press the button a certain way to enable this. its in the operator's manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts