Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe there is some mis information in the above strings. The air suspension is designed to keep the rear of the vehicle at the same height regardless of the load. If you add weight in the rear, (passengers, or luggage in rear, add tongue weight) the compressor comes on to raise the vehicle to the "nominal height" if you take that load out of the vehicle and didn't release some air pressure the rear would go even higher. So a valve opens and releases air until the body lowers to the "nominal height". There can be time delays, and suspension frictions so the driving includes those variances. The compressor is a low volume displacement type, and will wear out quickly if allowed to run more than the short periods to retrim the vehicle. Any leak usually wears the compressor, and even if it will run, it does not mean it will generate the pressures needed to "lift the rear" The actual rear height can be adjusted 1 of 2 ways. slotting the variable resister mounting holes to rotate it or changing the length of the little link that goes between the resister and the body or axle (don't remember which now) but you can remove the link and manually rotate the link arm of the resister and with the engine running the vehicle will raise or lower depending which way you rotate it. At least you and see how the vehicle looks for trim and fine tune from there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You mentioned the heights in the manual, what page and what are the specs by location. ie tire to wheel well, or rocker flange to ground (ft and rear) I have not seen any given, and I am also asking anyone with Nissan connections to see what the working pressure range of the compress is, and specifically what is the pressure at "nominal height" ie driver only and no other load in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Here is the height chart for my 06 Armada - I have no idea about the compressor specs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is the height chart for my 06 Armada - I have no idea about the compressor specs.

View attachment 48082
Thanks, that is what I wanted. Im surprised that Nissan doesn't go for a level rocker, as from the picture, the design position in not level, and since the top of the wheel opening is same front & rear (+/-.020) it appears the gap between the top of tire and the wheel opening is not the same. I would make those the same too as they are easily visually compared. But obviously Nissan has different ideas than I do, including they use the air bag on the shock to hold the vehicle in position unladened as the condition for the chart of measurement you provided.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Thanks, that is what I wanted. Im surprised that Nissan doesn't go for a level rocker, as from the picture, the design position in not level, and since the top of the wheel opening is same front & rear (+/-.020) it appears the gap between the top of tire and the wheel opening is not the same. I would make those the same too as they are easily visually compared. But obviously Nissan has different ideas than I do, including they use the air bag on the shock to hold the vehicle in position unladened as the condition for the chart of measurement you provided.
I found that even when my wheel well height was even, my Armada still looked like it was sagging to the rear. So I adjusted my height sensor manually and now I am about 1/2" higher in the rear. It makes it look "normal" to me (I realize not everyone has the same belief that I do and some may feel the rear is too high).

·
Premium Member
432 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I attempted this to level the height because at the moment mine rises up way too high, it doesnt work for me any tips?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts