Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Armada. I use it to tow my 5700lbs trailer. When I hook up it was riding very low in the back. I realized I had a tear in one of my air bags so I decided to remove the air suspension all together and installed Rancho RS9000XL shocks in the rear along with AIR LIFT 60807 1000 series air spring kit into the factory springs. Trying to get my bumper to sit a little higher when I throw the trailer on. Still feel like it’s sitting too low when I’m hooked up. Any ideas out there on how to get a little extra lift?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
When you replaced the air shocks with the Ranchos, it sounds like you kept the factory springs? The springs that are paired with the air suspension are really soft and the AIR LIFT bags in the coils can only supplement; they just don't have the lift of firmer springs or a true air bag setup. Get some springs from the non-air model Armadas. They are much firmer and make a huge difference! I find I hardly use the air bags in the coils now. Oh, and if you ever get tired of those Ranchos, (like many others here have), get the Bilstein's, you'll be glad you did!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts