Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
If you have the tow package, then you have the auto leveling air suspension in the rear. You could pull one rear tire and do a quick visual check to see if you have regular shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
What do people replace there rear shocks to? I did Bilstein HD in the front already.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I am anal and feel that shocks from one brand were made to work togetherr, like tires. Mixing brands can lead to weird handling characteristics. I woukldgo with Rancho because they offer a front and rear shock. If I already had bilstein in the front I would go with the 9000 series in the rear because you can tune them to work with the Bilstein. If I was upgrading from stock all around i would go Rancho all around and let my budget decide on 5000 or 9000 on the rear. IMHOP.

http://www.gorancho.com/shock_looku...WD&height=Stock&submodel=All+Models&x=62&y=13

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I am anal and feel that shocks from one brand were made to work togetherr, like tires. Mixing brands can lead to weird handling characteristics. I woukldgo with Rancho because they offer a front and rear shock. If I already had bilstein in the front I would go with the 9000 series in the rear because you can tune them to work with the Bilstein. If I was upgrading from stock all around i would go Rancho all around and let my budget decide on 5000 or 9000 on the rear. IMHOP.

http://www.gorancho.com/shock_looku...WD&height=Stock&submodel=All+Models&x=62&y=13
Thanks! Based on the Rancho Website, I believe the 5000 is the only one that would work with my 2006 2WD Model.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Thanks! Based on the Rancho Website, I believe the 5000 is the only one that would work with my 2006 2WD Model.
Hmm, thats weird. They have it for the 2010 but not the 2006 (I have a 2013 but its not listed at all). I guess they changed the mounting points at some point. Maybe someone on here knows if there were changes or you could contact Rancho to confirm fitment.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
do I understand that if I have the Air ride, I don't "need" rear shocks?
I dont have air leveling so I cant comment. I would go out the your vehicle and see if there are shocks in the rear. That should answer your question.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Hmm, thats weird. They have it for the 2010 but not the 2006 (I have a 2013 but its not listed at all). I guess they changed the mounting points at some point. Maybe someone on here knows if there were changes or you could contact Rancho to confirm fitment.
I have a 2006 and Ranchos lists 9000XL as compatible for my year. I have even installed them like my signature suggests.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 07 armada se 4wd. I am trying to figure out one what shocks and struts to use to make a stiffer ride? Two is there anything I can do to get rid of the body roll or at least make it not a bad?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have a 07 armada se 4wd. I am trying to figure out one what shocks and struts to use to make a stiffer ride? Two is there anything I can do to get rid of the body roll or at least make it not a bad?
Did the 07 SE come with self leveling rear air suspension? I'm thinking it didn't, in which case just throw on some Bilstein shocks and struts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts