Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have a tailgate that opens and closes on it's own? The silly pr**k of mine will open with no provacation when parked, and set off the alarm too!....Going in tomorrow, but I haven't seen any bullitens on this one yet:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
bluenoser said:
Anybody else have a tailgate that opens and closes on it's own? The silly pr**k of mine will open with no provacation when parked, and set off the alarm too!....Going in tomorrow, but I haven't seen any bullitens on this one yet:confused:
Are you sure you aren't inadvertently pushing the button? This happened to my wife once in a while, we figured out that when she put the keys in her purse, the button was getting depressed. She'd come out of the store and the tailgate would be open. Found another place in her purse to put the keys, and hasn't happened since.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
That's what happens to me too.Too many keys + a really powerful remote = embarrasing "Who's @%$# alarm is that...oops" situations.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I thought you were going to say it stopped working all together.

I had my 06 for about a week. I left the rear glass on the hatch popped and did not know it due to the fact that the light switch was in the "off" position back there.

The gate would not close when hitting the button or with the remote. Hilarity ensued when I figured the whole thing out:cool:

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Mine has never been right since new. It wont open from either key fob and now wont close properly. It starts to close then gets all juddery and opens back up again. I have tp push the close button then help the rear door by hand past the juddery area, then it closes ok.

Took it dealer and they are going to replace the actuator under warranty, just waiting for parts to arrive.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I just had my tailgate repaired at the dealer. With <3k miles, it suddenly wouldn't open. I could open it manually, but when I opened and closed it, there was a metalic rubbing noise and the actuator rod appeared twisted around. The dealership said a bolt was missing (?!) and it was coming off track. Seems fine now but it makes we wonder what other bolts may be missing.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Rear (of course) Tailgate Problem

I have had several occassions with the gremlin automatically opening my gate..figured it was the remote...wish there was a way to disable the remote liftgate button....and also (or more so) the panic button...several times I have had the alarm go off while trying to do something with the keys still in my hand...

The latest, which still needs the dealer trip, was last night when the lift went inoperative...same as above post...rubbing noise...lift rod seems to jest wobble around so it must have the same bolt/nut off situation. I hope this doesn't turn into a the new Armada trend.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish it was that easy...no remote with ten miles of door and it goes up and down at will, running or parked, day or night.......my sixth and LAST trip for this will be next week, then tahoe time

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
These remotes are very powerfull. The range on mine is around 100 yards. On my Lexus its about 20 feet. Go figuar.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dealer found it YAHOOOOOO! The rear bellows cover, under the l/r 1/4 panel has fallen out? snow bank maybe? anyway, it let water in a screwed up the rear auto gate....fix was 10+ hours, a new harness, actuator and all sorts of other parts, but Nissan tech line now has a baseline... fix is going to be 5000$ when complete, THANK GOD for ext warrenty! and many thanks to O'Regan's nissan in Halifax NS...they truly go above and beyond...incl my choice of loaner units, which I changed twice during the week as work requirements changed, and they were happy to oblige. As everyone here knows, when you get a great dealer...it really matters!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rebaylor said:
I have had several occassions with the gremlin automatically opening my gate..figured it was the remote...wish there was a way to disable the remote liftgate button....and also (or more so) the panic button...several times I have had the alarm go off while trying to do something with the keys still in my hand...

The latest, which still needs the dealer trip, was last night when the lift went inoperative...same as above post...rubbing noise...lift rod seems to jest wobble around so it must have the same bolt/nut off situation. I hope this doesn't turn into a the new Armada trend.
pull open the hatch where the jack is, and unplug the harness in the top left of the bay...no more elec door!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.