Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who cuts my lawn put a rock through my right rear vent window. He has ordered me a new glass to replace it. Does anyone have access to the repair manual showing how to perform the replacment? More specifically I need to know how to remove the right side panels to access the hinge and I need to know how to time the motor (this is the power vent window). Thanks.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the window this afternoon. It is not that hard to do, you just have to be careful pulling the panel clips. Thanks to luigi and scr38 for the info.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Happy 2018 all, it's The Zae Thunder Maker again after all this time.

Thunder Maker, my 2004 Armada LE is still with the roasted transmission I gave it a while back.

I still treat it with the same respect as I would if it were moving, and fuss over it alot.

This series of this car are classics in my opinion. There's nothing like them. The new Armada in terms of looks is no improvement.

......but my friends, things took a turn for the worst, this afternoon!

Some lawnmower guy put a pebble right through my left side power vent window!!!

The did say he would replace it, though as you can imagine, after he took a good look at my face. I was alerted to the incident by a friend calling me.

Please guys, Toyhauler, Luigi, scr38 advise me as to how to fix it, assuming I had the right replacement.

This window (as with the one opposite) had the radio antenna embedded in it, I must add.

Thanks in anticipation.

Victor.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Sir,

If someone damaged the back glass , and they said they would replace it, what’s the issue? Have a glass shop to the repair...

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hello marctronixx, thanks for your kind reply.

There's something that one has to understand here.

In my part of the world, we don't have those fancy work shops or garages that flawlessly do repairs and installations turnkey, as you are used to where you are.

We have, for the most part, "Road Side Mechanics" and you'd be very lucky indeed if you get anything fixed properly.

I'd take the DIY path if I could hence my asking for help about the issue.

I know I could buy the window itself alright but getting it fixed after having done other prerequisite tasks properly, is what I want.

Preferably I'd do it by myself, the way Toyhauler did his above.

This is why I'm asking for the assistance.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
fair enough, I should have asked where you were located.

first steps on seeing if you can tackle this yourself is to obtain the service manual.

you can search online for your model year and find it for free.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hello marctronixx,

I've got the service manual for my 2004 LE. I do admit I have not browsed through it regarding this matter.

Is all I need in there?

Does it not need an adhesive at the pivot end, Toyhauler mentioned something to do with a clip?

If it's an adhesive, what is it that I'll have to procure?

I'm a total blank here as I'm sure you can tell.

I do thank you for the prompt response.

Regards,

Victor.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
The service manual is the exact one the dealer would use.

I don’t know if you have access to YouTube where you are, but if you can, im sure there are videos showing similar installs.

Just guessing, I’d think you’d have to remove the inside plastic to gain access to things, but its a guess.

Again the service manual is your starting point.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Been searching for Videos regarding removing or replacing of a Vent or Quarter window as some call it, no luck

There are a fair number of them on changing the windows generally, but on the Armada, excepting feature video demonstrations, nothing so far.

Ah well, just just have to persevere at little.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
The service manual gives you an idea on how its made (exploded diagram ).

You can also send an email to Nissan corporate affairs explaining your delimma.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Does the airbag need to be removed in order to do this? I was told by Nissan that it does and quoted as 4 hour job... 2010 Platinum motored vent with antenna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pm me an email..ill send it to you !! and anyone who needs it...lemme know..

good luck !!

Luigi
]

Would you send instructions to me as well.....my wife's passenger was scattered by a rogue rock as well....I see lines running in it, are those defroster lines ior something else? but they are manual windows. Thank you !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts