Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear window on my tailgate won't stay up. I bought new struts, but can't figure out how to get the old ones off...it looks like there's a rivet or something holding them in. Has anyone replaced these?

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Looks like on the lower end is the standard clip like what is on a hood strut, and on the other end is a pin with a C clip. Looks pretty straightforward to me, but I've never had to do it on any of my Armadas.

Keith

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like on the lower end is the standard clip like what is on a hood strut, and on the other end is a pin with a C clip. Looks pretty straightforward to me, but I've never had to do it on any of my Armadas.

Keith
Ahhh, it's pretty rusted, didn't look like a c-clip, but could be. I'll check in the morning.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Yeah, it's a C-clip. I just did mine a few weeks ago. Just pry it out with a small screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Yup, as these guys said it is a tiny c-clip. When ordering replacement struts, be careful and try to get one that matches the oem design. I ordered the cheapest pair on amazon and the end that meets the glass is all metal, so whenever I open and shut the glass it makes an awful noise. I replaced those with the following and they work well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my C clamp was so rusted it looked like part of the bolt. I got it off, was super easy once I knew what kind of connector I was looking for. The ones I got had plastic connectors, no metal on metal. Works great.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Nice, glad it worked for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The rear window on my tailgate won't stay up. I bought new struts, but can't figure out how to get the old ones off...it looks like there's a rivet or something holding them in. Has anyone replaced these?
Look on the outside of the new struts plastic bag and it shows you both ways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts