Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experiences with loud clicking sound coming from the rear end on acceleration from a stop. already have an appointment for it to be checked,sad thing is tomorrow will be two weeks exactly since i bought it and already a problem :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I have this problem and will be taking to the dealer soon. It's a very annoying sound when you have the windows down.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Perfect. Had this problem and will get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Mine clicked too

seabass20 said:
Has anyone had any experiences with loud clicking sound coming from the rear end on acceleration from a stop. already have an appointment for it to be checked,sad thing is tomorrow will be two weeks exactly since i bought it and already a problem :mad:
I just had that repaired on mine about 6 weeks ago. Before I got out of the dealers parking lot I heard what I thought was the same noise. They put it back in the bay and they hooked microphones underneath the car they found it was another noise altogether. This noise was from the right front control arm. They replaced it and I got it back three days ago and it is still clicking. Now I don't know if it is from the front or back this time. Not looking forward to another trip to the dealers. I hope things get fixed soon or it won't be around much longer. A person can only deal with so much aggravation!!!! The clicking you are talking about is the rear axle. It needs to be greased and re-torqued, at least that is what they did to mine. Yet to know if it is truly fixed. Have a Good Summer!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Dealer cannot fix my rear clicking

I am at my wits end here. It seems as though everyone else who has posted on this forum about the rear clicking sound has taken it in and had the TSB work done (simple grease and torque) and the problem is solved. My problem is that I have had that done twice and then the entire rear axle replaced but the clicking keeps coming back. I am about to go crazy! Nissan Consume Affairs is not much help. Giving me the real run-around here.

Is there ANYONE else who is having more trouble with this (i.e. the TSB alone did not work)? Did they find another cause and get it fixed? I am convinced that there is something else happening here and causing this noise, but I have no idea what it is.

:temphot: :usuck:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
No clue. The axel isn't greased, its the hubs. The rear end is independent suspension, not solid axel like Titan. If you brought a copy of the TSB and the dealer did this, and they replaced the rear parts and its still a problem, I'd first try another dealer. NCA should be able to recommend one and should step up to the plate to help you. I'd call them with suggestions instead of problems if possible but they still should take care of you. :mad:

Good luck. Where are you? I'd post the dealer you're going to and ask for a referral to a good one in your area. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I brought Armada in for the noise in rear. They replaced both hubs and noise is gone. I thought only some grease would do it, but they swapped out both hubs for new ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts