Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Aftermarket alarm. No way to install as part of the stock setup. Try one of these:
http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm :D
As for parking with the AC, you can do this.
EX. You can wire the car so if someone takes it out of park, there is an engine kill. A couple relays and a toggle switch would do this no problem. Have a qualified tech wire whatever for you.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Until the remote's battery dies. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Tmation said:
There's your alarm right there :D

you could always seperate the key from the remote, leave the engine running and then lock the doors.
except the remote won't lock the doors if the key is in the ignition.....

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Converting horn button to remote start.

Converting horn button to remote start. i was wonder if you can actually use that particular (horn) signal as a remote start feature.

anybody got any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Look into DEI(Maker of Viper Alarm). They have a starter that can be use w/ factory system. I believed its DEI 555 or something like that. It can be program to start the engine with 2 or 3 quick push of the lock button. You will also need a bypass module for the chip in the key. :D

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
bandito said:
anybody knows if you can install remote start with the stock alarms???

I got a bull terrier always cruising with me and want the AC on while im doin errands..

any leads???
I do not know about keeping the same remote but I have a remote start and my new remote is half the size and still has all of the functions, only problm I have run into is my other keys some time press the AUX button on my new remote causing my rear door to open... then I get a knock on the door from my neighbor.

The nice thing about the remote starts (at least on mine) when you park you trigger the remote start before you take out the key wait 3 sec. and remove the key and the car stays running the get out lock your doors do your errands. Now is some joker tried to steal your car 1) they would still have to break in, 2) the second they touch the break pedal the engine dies.

There are 2 issues 1) you must place one of your stock keys under the dash so that the car is tricked into thinking there is a key present which disables the Nissan key security chip thing. This means if you do get additional keys you need to pull this one out and have them program it too. 2) you now have a live key inside of your car... granted a crook would have to know where to look.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
bandito said:
Great info Baseballfanz.

I found exactly what i needed for My stock alarm and aftermarket engine start upgrade(using the same oem remote). The product is Dei 561T (http://www.autotechs.com/items/item871.htm) and then you also have to get the 556U to bypass key-chip.

Now My Armada is my dogz best friend too!

thanks again BASEBALLFANZ
I like this. Are you sure about the 556U. Did Nissan switch to a transponder or RF (Radio Frequency) based immobilizer system? I have been using the 555U for earlier Nissan models that was always recommended by DEI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.