Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I'm getting one installed next week the only issue is the Armada key has a chip in it that is a sort of fake security system. So they will need a spare key which they will cut off the actual key part and glue the chip part to the bottom of your sterring colum sort of a fake bypass.

I do not know the model off hand (my buddy owns a car a/v distibution company so he always hooks me up right.)

I did just get the Pioneer AVNIC N2 installed and the next day went on a 1000 drive (a planned trip and it works great) The next phase is the remote start, sunvisor monitor and 8" drop down roof monitor. Next year I think I will end up adding headrest monitors for the kids to play their Gamecube on (but I need to wait for the new X-Box to replace the Gamecube in the house).

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
If you don't want them to cut your key, there is a little box that hook up to your remote starter (you put the whole key inside) I forgot the name of it but serveral company makes them (had one on my previous car). DEI (the maker of Viper alarm) make a remote starter that can be use with factory key fob.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I went with the viper 791xv I like the remote that tells me if my doors are locked or unlocked and if the alarm is triggered my remote will beep and let me know what sensor went off. As for the key to be cut off you wont have to do that with the DEI 555U Bypass Module the key goes in the box and only a cord is wrapped around the ignition key shank it goes for about $25

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
manny0 said:
I went with the viper 791xv I like the remote that tells me if my doors are locked or unlocked and if the alarm is triggered my remote will beep and let me know what sensor went off. As for the key to be cut off you wont have to do that with the DEI 555U Bypass Module the key goes in the box and only a cord is wrapped around the ignition key shank it goes for about $25
I did the exact same thing Manny. The Viper 791xv...impressive alarm and features...was a bit pricey...about $478, but well worth for an even more impressive automobile.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
manny0 said:
Right that is what my guy is doing but he said he normally cuts the key so there is not a real key inside the car even if it is locked up in a box.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I went with the 791XV as well because my ford explorer had a remote start and I loved it! Has anyone had any problems with their 791VX? Specifically, I noticed one night that my headlights never turned off! I was just after I had had it installed and was testing all the features in it. A couple of hours later I went back into the garage and my headlights were still on!! Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
That happened to me once, I think it was because I remote started will the car was on so I could run in to the house and run back out with starting the car again and never came back so the 20 min cycle ended and when I did come out the lights were on. It happened awhile back so I really cant say for sure.

Or you could have left a door open. I think the lights wont go out until the last door is closed

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I think the lights should time out if you leave a door open???

Do you guys still have (if you had to begin with) the memory functions? I would like to get this alarm but I don't want to give up the seat and mirror memory adjustments. My wife has the seat slid so far forward and up that I have to spend a minute just adjusting the seat before I can get in to her car. The memory feature on the Armada is great. I also like the remote window feature.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I had a "code alarm" remote start in my last Armada (04). It worked good, but no memory function for mirrors or seats, plus it was a different remote. If I have one put in my new o5 I'm making sure everything will work or I'm not getting it done.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
you can use one of the aux outs to send a pulse to the switch

Memory Seat 1 lt. green/black - memory mod. left of column, pin 9
Memory Seat 2 pink/blue - memory mod. left of column, pin 25

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The headlights will stay on indefinately if you do not open the doors after the car is shut off. There should be a 'pulse after shutdown' wire that you can use to pulse the drivers side door pin. This way, everytime the remote start system is shutdown it will pulse the door pin and shut off the RAP (retained accessory power) circuit, which will allow the headlights to shut off.

The Vipers are known to have weak remotes (weak as in fragile). They have great features, back lack spare channels for aux features and lack the ability to integrate a one way remote with the two way remotes.

I have a code alarm on my work truck. After using Viper for so long I just can't allow myself to like it. I have had 150 false alarms to ever 1 false Viper alarm, and I have my shock sensor turned almost all the way down. Code Alarm (I believe) uses all internal shock sensors, which really sucks as they arn't very reliable. Code Alarm and Audiovox alarms are the same thing, just as DEI owns Viper, Python, Sidewinder, etc...

If I could choose any alarm I would go with the Viper 560xv. Its a one way system, but by far the most reliable, accurate alarm I have ever used. Keep in mind though, I'm not very careful with my keys and I like to throw them around :) The Viper one way remotes are basically indestructable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts