Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay gang anyone install a remote starter add on to the factory alarm system ? Just wondering how hard it was .

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Your biggest problem you are going to face is the short range of your OEM keyfob.

Another issue at hand is the integration between the OEM keyfob and the remote starter. It can be done, but in most cases you are best off going with a stand alone remote starter/alarm and replacing your OEM keyfob.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KPierson said:
Your biggest problem you are going to face is the short range of your OEM keyfob.

Another issue at hand is the integration between the OEM keyfob and the remote starter. It can be done, but in most cases you are best off going with a stand alone remote starter/alarm and replacing your OEM keyfob.
Kevin I found this one that is for use with the factory system. You think it will work ?
http://www.autotechs.com/items/item871.htm

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Dei 561t

That is the only one I use. You will also need a immobilizer bypass. $90.00 is a steep price though. Also if you do not have it professionally installed there is no warranty on any DEI product. I suggest you purchase it from a known local dealer you can trust and have them install it for you. It may cost you more but the piece of mind that is was done right and not have to deal with warranty issues from the car dealer claiming it was caused by the remote starter are worth it. Make sure that who ever installs it solders all there connections, period! No t-taps or Schotch locks. I hate those things. I never ever use those things, more failures and problems. I gave up on them in the 80's. Audiovox has one coming out with it's own transmitter that is the size of a quarter and it works from 1500 feet.

DanDan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts