Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone removed the entire top portion of the dash? would this set off the passenger airbag? sorry for the stupid question, id rather find out here then have a bag slam me in the face and be left with large car repair and dental bills :p i dont know how the airbags are designed, that is why im asking, im thinking maybe i have to disconnect the battery, not sure, someone please help me

the reason im wanting to take the entire top part of the dash out is that i want to fix some rattles and removing the whole interior and building it up well would be much better in the long run then fixing rattles here and there everytime one shows up, thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The service manual would show you how (and safely) to do it. I think you need to wait at least 10 minutes (maybe it's 3) after the battery has been disconnected to be safe working around the airbag.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have the service manual, i think you have to purchase it, but is there any place i can get it for free? does anyone have the file, .pdf i believe it is that could send me the copy, i understand how some people payed for it and wont like to just give it away, is there anyone that aquired it for free that would not mind sharing it with me, i would really apprciate it, thank you

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The easiest way is off of ebay. or the $20 one day subscription from Nissan but it sounded like a few recent attemtps did not work so they may of changed. The PDF's are LARGE file sizes, my email won't send over a 10meg file and I think they are all well over that.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Most of the files in the manual are less than 10 MB, however there are at least 3 that range from 11 to 15 MB. I tried to zip the files and email them to someone last week with no luck. The server where I work rejects everything over 8MB. Send me a postage paid envelop and I will send you a copy of the manual on a CD. I should be less than $2.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kman, would you happen to have an IM? such as msn, icq, aol or w/e, you could send it over that, or i could open up an online hardrive which i could give you a user/pass that you could log in and upload the file, and anyone could just grab it from there if needed, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts