Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2011 Platinum and the passenger side mirror glass is cracked. I can either replace the whole assembly or just the glass but am looking for videos/instructions on how to do it?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Link to the service manual for your year for the mirrors here - https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Armada/2011/MIR.pdf

I did this on the pass side of my 06 - replaced the whole mirror because I found a used set cheap. The power, folding, auto-dimming, turn signal mirrors are not cheap. The link has info on replacing the whole mirror or just the glass.

Easy job. Basically look for a cover plate / plastic piece inside to door. Mine was a thin piece of plastic glued on - I heated it with a heat gun and pealed it off so i could reuse it. Under there are some nuts or bolts to take off (that hold the mirror on) and a wire connector. That's it. Easy easy. Best tip is to roll the window down so you can catch the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Did you need to take the door panel off, or was everything accessible behind the cover plate/strip?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
No need to take the door panel off on my 06. All behind that little plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts