Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a lost here.

i just replaced the driver side ac actuator on my 2010 qx56. I went the complete dash removal route and it was not as bad as I thought it would be, but still pretty tough.

I get everything back together and fire up the 56 only to hear that dreaded click click click. Fortunately I am still able to go from hot to cold and the the clicking only seems to be when I lower the driver side to 60, but it doesn't sit right with me.

Anyone have any idea where I should go from here?

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
LOL I dont know, but if you still heat a woodpecker type sound, that means an actuator is still getting stuck!
which one did you replace? there is a common one that most people find is the worst out of them all. i think its near the floor but my memory is not 100 percent on that...

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
OP, at least you know how to remove the entire dashboard. At this point, I'd changed all the actuators and not have anymore to deal with.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
the TOP actuator controls the temp. Behind glove box on top of blower box against firewall. This is the worst one to change i did it without removing dash but had to have my son with very skinny arms and fingers get the screws out, not fun at all.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
OP, at least you know how to remove the entire dashboard. At this point, I'd changed all the actuators and not have anymore to deal with.
Yep...Nothing worst than having to removing the dash twice or more just to replace one. Then to find out you still have more woodpeckers in your dash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the TOP actuator controls the temp. Behind glove box on top of blower box against firewall. This is the worst one to change i did it without removing dash but had to have my son with very skinny arms and fingers get the screws out, not fun at all.
I think that is the one I took out. Starting to believe as others have pointed out that multiple actuators went out at around the same time.

I replaced number 3 [air mix door motor (driver)], I wish I could've gone the glovebox route, but the lack of skinny arms and the support bracket across the top meant it was not to be.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I think that is the one I took out. Starting to believe as others have pointed out that multiple actuators went out at around the same time.

I replaced number 3 [air mix door motor (driver)], I wish I could've gone the glovebox route, but the lack of skinny arms and the support bracket across the top meant it was not to be.

View attachment 49961
Good Luck... man. Let us know your final results. We are rooting for you.

@nick I know you own a QX, but maybe this Recall applies to you too? If not it may be helpful for other attempting to do the same work. Let NISSAN fix the [email protected] No charge for parts or labor.

Just found the Recall that applies to Infinity QX56

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts