Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Job was a snap after checking out couple Youtubes. Took an easy 90 minutes to swap out with new front Advance Auto strut/spring assemblies and Nissan rear air shocks. Impact wrench helped. Right front strut assembly popped right out. Driver side needed minor pry-bar persuasion. No need to break sway bar ends loose.
More work jacking truck up, jack stands & muscling those 20 inch factory steel chrome wheels than the job itself! If you’ve ever done shock absorbers, you can do this! You will save yourself $300 - $600 labor. Sway bar bushings next...

·
Premium Member
2013 Armada Platinum 8 passenger
64 Posts
Any change in ride quality vs the factory struts? What brand are they?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any change in ride quality vs the factory struts? What brand are they?
Monroe Roadmatic strut/spring assembly. About $95 each with online discount. OE spec, lifetime warranty. Bought it with 125K miles so can’t compare to factory. Rides better, but not nearly as good as my Lincoln Navigator.

·
Premium Member
2013 Armada Platinum 8 passenger
64 Posts
Monroe Roadmatic strut/spring assembly. About $95 each with online discount. OE spec, lifetime warranty. Bought it with 125K miles so can’t compare to factory. Rides better, but not nearly as good as my Lincoln Navigator.
Was watching the Scotty Kilmer video on quickstruts the other day. He is not a fan for the reason you mentioned. He showed some significant differences between the cheaper quickstruts and oem. The oem price for struts is higher but not out of reach. I may go that direction for my fronts as I see they are bouncing quite a bit and I have a fair amount of bump steer as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was watching the Scotty Kilmer video on quickstruts the other day. He is not a fan for the reason you mentioned. He showed some significant differences between the cheaper quickstruts and oem. The oem price for struts is higher but not out of reach. I may go that direction for my fronts as I see they are bouncing quite a bit and I have a fair amount of bump steer as well.
Always had good luck with Monroe brand and these meet OEM specs. I'll be getting rid of my Armada within two years for a new Bronco so no need to get extreme on replacement struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts