Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped rims with an 05 Armada. I dont think the tire sensors have been detected by my system. The light comes on after you drive for about 30 minutes. Other than that it stays off (even if the tire is low). That also makes me wonder. How long does it take for this system to respond? If I drive with a low tire for 30 minutes it could be ruined by the time the light comes on. Anyone know how to reset the computer? and also I would like to know if you purposely lower your pressure do you imediately see a warning light?

Chrisarmada
04 smoke with matching 05 charcoal wheels (exact color match)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Are you sure your new wheels have sensors? Did you swap them from your old wheels, or are they left over from the 05 Armada you swapped with?

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Not all Armadas have tire sensors. Your system sounds like it is working the way mine does. I don't have sensors. If you didn't swap them from your rims, you may not have any sensors.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
All Armadas come from the factory with sensors. If the dealer or owner has switched wheels the sensors may not be installed.
If you have the Nav package you will have to get the sensors reset when you change them or rotate the tires. If you don't have the Nav you won't have to do anything.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
scr38 said:
All Armadas come from the factory with sensors. If the dealer or owner has switched wheels the sensors may not be installed.
If you have the Nav package you will have to get the sensors reset when you change them or rotate the tires. If you don't have the Nav you won't have to do anything.
Didn't know that. I thought they were not on the base models. Good catch. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
scr38 said:
I have the Nav system, I have not had to reset my system with rotation or replacement.

Keith

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Campfamily said:
I have the Nav system, I have not had to reset my system with rotation or replacement.

Keith
With the Nav system each tire pressure is displayed. If you don't have the Nav only a light will tell you that a tire is low, not which one. If you rotate the tires without resetting the sensors (on the Nav system) the sensors will display the incorrect tire if one goes low.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
scr38 said:
With the Nav system each tire pressure is displayed. If you don't have the Nav only a light will tell you that a tire is low, not which one. If you rotate the tires without resetting the sensors (on the Nav system) the sensors will display the incorrect tire if one goes low.
Does your Nav system identify which tire (ie Left Front, Right Rear, etc.)? Mine doesn't, it only lists the pressures.

Keith

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Campfamily said:
Does your Nav system identify which tire (ie Left Front, Right Rear, etc.)? Mine doesn't, it only lists the pressures.

Keith
I don't have the Nav system.
I have done more research, and found that you do not have to reset the sensors when rotating the tires (Even though it says so in the Service Manual). On some Nissans, but not in the Armada, each wheel is identified in the readout of pressures. On these systems it is necessary to reset the sensors when the wheels are rotated. On the Armada Nav system the four tire pressures are displayed, but the displays are random, so we don't know which pressure is for which tire.
There is a TSB out correcting the mistake in the Service Manual; it states that a reset of the sensors is not necessary.
My wife has a Murano, and I think it displays each tire pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.