Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
what year is your car?

does your speedometer work? tach?

i don't know the proper term (someone will correct me) but it looks like its one of those cables that moves analog needles and dials.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2006 everything seems to be working

New to me car just starting to go through it, found a broken air filter box

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
It looks like it may be this cable....

Different angle....

Close up...

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
ahh the engine hood release?!
No, it isn't the engine hood release. You can see that cable in my first pic - at the backside of the top red arrow (goes through the firewall).

The cable in question goes to the back of the brake pedal. I have no idea what a cable like that would do. I have the same thought as Marc in that it counts revolutions of something.

If nobody on this forum knows, you could probably post my pics over on Titan Talk and get an answer in short order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I’ve reconnected it will take it for a drive and see if there’s anything different. I’m hoping it was accidentally disconnected versus disconnected because there’s something wrong

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Ohhhh, I'm wondering ff that is the cable that electronically moves the brake pedal forward and backward to whatever position you want the pedal to be in.

Edit: Yeah, that's what it is. I just went down and moved my brake pedal position and could feel that cable vibrating.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
You are welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts