Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long journey back....

I had a 2017 Armada. I really liked it, family loved it. It was overall a fantastic vehicle. Not without it's character and flaws but in short, awesome.

But, I have always really appreciated the Toyota GX460. I've been telling myself for years, if I found the right color, price, mileage GX, I would jump at it. Well, that happened in November of last year and I said goodbye to the Armada.

I have to say, the GX460 is a very nice vehicle. Definitely in the same vein as the Armada, body on frame, V8, LOTS of luxury features, reasonable towing capacity and 3rd row seat. The buttons and switches are definitely old school, a bit like the Patrol/Armada.

The GX has a lot going for it. It's smaller size and AMAZING forum and aftermarket support are big pluses, AND it has better resale value!

After living with the GX for a bit, I just could not get the Armada out of my mind. So, 2 days ago I test drove a used 2019 Armada, just to find out if I was simply romanticizing the past....turns out I wasn't.

Now I'm rejoining fold with my 2019 Nissan Armada. I can't say enough good things about the gx460, it is a fantastic vehicle. Armada, however just fits me better. I find it smoother, quieter, better handling, more comfortable....so back to the Patrol/Armada.

I'm thrilled, it's a great place to be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I haven't been attached to a vehicle like I am the Armada in a long time.
My 1999 4runner was the last vehicle that I truly loved, I can say I love the Armada.
Kept the 4runner until 286k miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome back! I know Nissan is in trouble with many other stuff but not with Armada. I had a 2019 too and it rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I kinda went down the same path. I always wanted the GX460 and finally got one in 2014. Great vehicle and loved driving it. The issue that pushed me away from the GX was the "barn door" style rear door.
I am now in a 2019 Armada Plat Reserve and I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts