Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share with anyone interested in after-market roof racks, that I installed today, the Rhino Rack Backbone system. I have a Pioneer Platform that I will install tomorrow, but I LOVE the way it looks with just the BackBone, so here it is. I'll upload more tomorrow when the Pioneer is on.

It needed some minor trimming for proper fitment, but it was well worth the extra effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
135 Posts
hARMADAca is making me jealous! That setup is tough and classy. Perfect addition!

Reactions: hARMADAca

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did similar but went with the 86x56. Added the shorter side rails and the canopy. The canopy can under mount on the 56 and is really mounted flush.

The 86” allows the sunroof to open without issue

I modified the fairing to under mount as well.

Part of the reason I did the 56” wide is that I can run to Lowes/HD and throw some thing up there without having to be too picky. Australia has a version called the “Tradie” that i based this off of.
Glasses Car Land vehicle Sky Wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Window

Hood Wood Table Grille Rectangle

Window Building Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh...didn't have a pic of the fairing....will post later
Super clean install!! Just make sure, when transporting kids on the roof, that they are properly strapped down. Double check local ordinances for proper transit permits and bills of lading regulations.

That looks great man. That is exactly what I'm looking to do. Do you have part numbers ?
The BackBone PN is RNBP1. The platform PN is 42101B. The platform needed some modifications to fit the BackBone (there was some discrepancy between the BackBone and the models of platform that would fit it- apparently, some platforms don't align exactly with some BackBones, but I didn't see that information of the Rhino website). WhenI got the BackBone, the installation manual had a list of compatible platforms. The 42101B wasn't one listed on the manual.

TBH, the 42101B was like $600 off, so customizing some mounting holes was well worth it for me. If you want exact, direct fitment, i would call Rhino and ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts