Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I purchased a 2017 Armada and see I need to replace the rear ride control sensor...I would like to know if anyone has done this before, as the part is expensive and would like to not get the dealer to replace so I can save some cash.

please let me know.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
you can find the service manual to your model year online for free and read up in the suspension section. you will see how the techs would do it and that will give you an idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can find the service manual to your model year online for free and read up in the suspension section. you will see how the techs would do it and that will give you an idea.
where can I find the service manual....I have googled this, and can’t find any free ones....please help

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
where can I find the service manual....I have googled this, and can’t find any free ones....please help
Here, but it doesn't look like they have the '17 manual available yet. Latest is for '15. You could probably look at that one just for general info. Front suspension is "FSU.pdf" and rear is "RSU.pdf"

NICO manual for 2015 Armada

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Sensor is right behind driver rear control arm, attached to the frame and lower control arm toward center of car. Cant miss it, you can see it just sticking you head under the rear bump on the driver side. looks liek this, or close to it, very easy to change out just 3 bolts and one wire connection. Could be between $200 to $250 on ebay. You should recheck this number but i think it should be this part here. found a link for you too, but that part could change so call nissan for the current number ok. Here is one on ebay
53820-1LA2A.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Interestingly, this just happened to our 2017 Platinum yesterday. Went out to the garage to get in my truck and my wife’s Armada was sitting noticeable lower in the rear.

Dealership assessed and is replacing the sensor next week. Not covered under warranty as we’re just over 50k miles.

Disappointed to see issues start to crop up this early and hoping it isn’t a sign of things to come.

Will be interesting to see if this (ride height sensor) turns out to be a common failure.

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree...mine is getting installed tomorrow as I am finding the rear suspension is not good and driving in snow feels unsafe.

I am waiting for the 2021s to come in then trade in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts