Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I maybe the only guy here from houston , my part of the city has till thursday @ noon to evacuate and i hope the Armada has the power to pull the family and all of our stuff out of town . not to mention i will be towing my other car . I'll let you guys know how the truck holds up in a Cat 4 hurricane :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
95 Posts
Good Luck man!! I'm sure the Mada won't let you or your family, or the hundreds of folks holding on to it on the way out of Rita's way!!! :whip:

Once again good luck, and we all will be interested in your after post.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eclipse_Man said:
Good Luck man!! I'm sure the Mada won't let you or your family, or the hundreds of folks holding on to it on the way out of Rita's way!!! :whip:

Once again good luck, and we all will be interested in your after post.
thanks and will do
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
174 Posts
Godspeed on your journey. Hope all are safe and well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
I am in Lake Jackson, near the coast, south of Houston. My wife left this morning. I am going to wait and see what develops. I have my generator checked out, connected and ready to go. Am stocked up on water, food, batteries, fuel, ammo, etc. I am not planning on leaving unless the storm looks like its going to come in right on top of me at a 4 or 5. At this time it looks like it will go in about 30-40 miles down the coast from me. The bad thing is that I will be on the dirty side.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
138 Posts
30 - 40 miles isn't far enough away in a monster storm like that one. We had major damage last year on the opposite side of FL from where Charley made landfall.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
There's a few other Houston/surrounding areas members here. I ain't going no where, gotta stay put to protect my business from looters. Got two hand guns a shot gun and an AR-15 w 1000 rounds of .223. Oh yeah I got food and water too, water was left over from Katrina, I bought a sh!t load to give to victims but they didn't want it so I got enough. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I'm in Houston as well and am taking off to stay with friends in Austin....I haven't been through one before but every old timer at work said they'd sit out a 3 but a 4 they are gone. So I take that to get the hell out of Houston. I looked for motel rooms lol! The one I found (1 room in San Antonio)was more than booking a trip to Cancun. This is probably the last time I check in for a while. Found some gas on the way home so we are trying to stow things the best we can and will take off tomorrow am.

Peace out and take care fellow Texans
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
scr38 said:
I am in Lake Jackson, near the coast, south of Houston. My wife left this morning. I am going to wait and see what develops. I have my generator checked out, connected and ready to go. Am stocked up on water, food, batteries, fuel, ammo, etc. I am not planning on leaving unless the storm looks like its going to come in right on top of me at a 4 or 5. At this time it looks like it will go in about 30-40 miles down the coast from me. The bad thing is that I will be on the dirty side.
Why again are you staying??? What are you waiting to see. Rewind about 2 weeks. What more do you need. A cat 4 storm reaches out about 100 miles either way with hurricane force winds. At 30-40 miles you could still have 100+ mph winds. It's really not worth the risk "just to see". If it misses then the worse is that you spent some money on gas and a hotel. If it hits you could really regret your decision.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
910 Posts
We're in Nederland (near Beaumont) and aren't leaving either. Looks like it's going to hit Matagorda Bay (if all goes well). That would be good because there's really nothing out that way. Galveston and Houston will get some, but we're far enough north to be just outside the edges of the rain bands.

Everyone be safe!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Know the situation

adjmcloon said:
We're in Nederland (near Beaumont) and aren't leaving either. Looks like it's going to hit Matagorda Bay (if all goes well). That would be good because there's really nothing out that way. Galveston and Houston will get some, but we're far enough north to be just outside the edges of the rain bands.

Everyone be safe!
It seems very apparent to me that it has been a very long while since TX has been hit by a major hurricane. Everyone seems to have a "won't affect me" attitude. With a storm this big (cat 4 or 5), 100 miles is not really that far away. Refer to the picture and see that the hurricane winds (74-114 mph) stretches out across more that about 200 miles. 74 mph winds is enough to blow a roof off and knock down plenty of trees, power, and water. And that is on the outermost edge about 100 miles away. Not to ignore the flooding if you are close to the coast. No one knows what this storm will do until it does it. Also notice that Nederland lies within the possible storm track. If your staying, I hope for your sake you are right.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
in the end I hope all is and will be well for all of you and your family's. It'll be awesome if you guys could get some video footage and stuff like that and tell us how your Nissan truck handled with the situation. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Why again are you staying??? What are you waiting to see. Rewind about 2 weeks. What more do you need. A cat 4 storm reaches out about 100 miles either way with hurricane force winds. At 30-40 miles you could still have 100+ mph winds. It's really not worth the risk "just to see". If it misses then the worse is that you spent some money on gas and a hotel. If it hits you could really regret your decision.
I'm not staying "just to see." I said I will watch it and see what develops. The latest info from impact weather places landfall at west Matagorda bay. Maximum wind speeds at my location will be about 85 MPH, and only for a short time. I have been through many hurricanes, and I sure don't any desire to go through another.
I have very good reasons for staying here. I am not trying to be "macho", and I will make my decision after weighing all factors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Prayer go out.

scr38 said:
I have very good reasons for staying here.
You must, or you wouldn't be staying apparently. Be safe and if it looks bad, get the heck out. My prayers go out to you and all else involved.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
scr38 said:
I am in Lake Jackson, near the coast, south of Houston. My wife left this morning. I am going to wait and see what develops. I have my generator checked out, connected and ready to go. Am stocked up on water, food, batteries, fuel, ammo, etc. I am not planning on leaving unless the storm looks like its going to come in right on top of me at a 4 or 5. At this time it looks like it will go in about 30-40 miles down the coast from me. The bad thing is that I will be on the dirty side.
Good luck, and make sure the server is waterproof. ;)

Seriously, good luck, and don't be a hero. Get out if it looks bad, which it does. I went through the eye of Charlie. It was 120mph gusts and 90 sustained where I was living. I also had the eye of Frances and Jeanne go over me. Plot all 3 and you'll see where I used to live. Not fun. My apartment was condemned. I had $10k in paint damage to my cars. The Grand Cherokee was totaled, hense Armada. The new house I'm building is rated to 150mph and on high ground so in the middle of the state I should be fine but still, don't wait too long. Roads get crowded fast, gas sells out, etc. Hurricanes suck. :thumbdown
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
to all out there in the path of this, be safe and we are praying for you and your families safety. God Bless :noworries
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
138 Posts
scr38 said:
I have very good reasons for staying here. .
IMO...for your wife and children, you have better reasons to leave. I'm sure they would rather have you than anything you are trying to protect in your home.

I pray that you and everyone else stays safe!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
84 Posts
leave

I am in new orleans area and tons of the people here that stayed in their houses, DIED. I would suggest staying around for this b!thc to hit. is it really worth it? chances are if it hits you wont have much left to be luded anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Change of heart

adjmcloon said:
We're in Nederland (near Beaumont) and aren't leaving either. Looks like it's going to hit Matagorda Bay (if all goes well). That would be good because there's really nothing out that way. Galveston and Houston will get some, but we're far enough north to be just outside the edges of the rain bands.

Everyone be safe!
Well, I suppose you may be reconcidering your position, now that Rita has done the same. Looks like it is coming your way adjmcloon. Might want to get going. Not going to be pretty for your area.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top