Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this idea to run a small microwave oven in the truck through about a 1200 watt inverter. Is it practical to do that? I have no idea if it is possible or what will be the repercussions of doing that. I was thinking to keep the engine running while running the microwave to prevent the battery from completely draining. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
changezi said:
I have this idea to run a small microwave oven in the truck through about a 1200 watt inverter. Is it practical to do that? I have no idea if it is possible or what will be the repercussions of doing that. I was thinking to keep the engine running while running the microwave to prevent the battery from completely draining. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thx.
Trust me, don't do it. 1,200 watts at 12V requires a 100amp fuse. That's enough load to instantly melt any wire in your Armada in about 2 seconds.

The inverters are meant for couple hundred watts max. Run a gamecube, PS2, small TV, laptop charger, etc.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I was fearing.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Get a tow hitch steel rack and a twenty foot steel pole on it attached at the bottom to a 1500W generator and at the top to a ten foot diameter wind mill blade - then you can power whatever you like. You'll want a fridge for the frozen burritos you'll be burning in the microwave, and a separate kegerator to chill the beer.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Armada is roomier than most peoples apartment in the civilized world, one need to be creative about it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I bought a Sony 50" LCD projection tv from Best Buy. I took it out of the box to fit in the back of the Armada and it fits perfectly.
You guys are giving me some ideas.
Know I just gotta figure out how to get an HD signal in the Armada.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
andy said:
I bought a Sony 50" LCD projection tv from Best Buy. I took it out of the box to fit in the back of the Armada and it fits perfectly.
You guys are giving me some ideas.
Know I just gotta figure out how to get an HD signal in the Armada.

Just get a Digitial Antenna to pick up HD broadcasting, but be warned they are only local and not everywhere!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hotel?

baseballfanz said:
You plan on living out of your Armarda? :thumbup:
My mother-in-law heard about our new truck (last year) and referrred to it in an e-mail as our new "Ramada." :clueless: Needless to say she gets plenty of comments from us about our 'hotel' and 'living in our car', etc.

We have a 13 hour road trip planned mid-July - could use a way to do meals on the road. But I guess stopping every 300 miles or so for gas will give us plenty of time for that...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts