Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was debating on whether or not I wanted to take the running boards off. Well Saturday my truck got hit parked in front of my house. The only damage was scratching and tire marks down the driver side board. I took this as a sign to remove them, and daddy likey... Gives it a way more aggressive look. And tons of ground clearance for offroading.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Was debating on whether or not I wanted to take the running boards off. Well Saturday my truck got hit parked in front of my house. The only damage was scratching and tire marks down the driver side board. I took this as a sign to remove them, and daddy likey... Gives it a way more aggressive look. And tons of ground clearance for offroading.
Hey Rob - just remember, those running boards may have protected you from more expensive/extensive body damage too…
If you do offroad, you need to slap some sliders or steps/bars with more clearance. Just a thought.
But, it do look good and I like the openness for-sure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Planned on spraying a thick coat of clear bed liner on the underbody. I may do rock sliders, or fab something myself eventually. For now I'm digging the look. I have to get the suspension offroad ready before I do anything.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
looks cool :cool:
I am removing mine and replacing with the Amp Power Steps

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
My wife wants the same boards on hers. I like the aggressive look.
that's what is cool about the Amp Boards, they fold up and you get to keep the same no board look, I think I will be getting them for Christmas, I will post up some pics when I get them installed

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
5 Posts
Looks way cooler than I anticipated. I'd like to do it , but my wife is going to be driving my Armada until she finds a new car , her and the girls might not appreciate the cool as much :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks way cooler than I anticipated. I'd like to do it , but my wife is going to be driving my Armada until she finds a new car , her and the girls might not appreciate the cool as much :ROFLMAO:
My wife had to get used to it but, she has her own with running boards so I do what I want with mine haha. Haha my kids are 5 and 2 so lifting them in isn't that bad. She likes the running boards.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
5 Posts
She's the one that will have to do the lifting in the mornings , but you gave me a better (bad) idea..her Sequoia is about to get totaled so I should find her an Armada.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She's the one that will have to do the lifting in the mornings , but you gave me a better (bad) idea..her Sequoia is about to get totaled so I should find her an Armada.
I bought her the 2011 2 years ago, I loved it so much I traded my 2016 silverado for a rare 2013 platinum reserve 1 owner. Both of mine were 1 owner very well kept. All I will own moving forward will be armadas..

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
5 Posts
I didn't realize the platinum reserve was rare I loved the two tone leather seats and couldn't look at anything else after I saw one. I like the subtle updates from my 08. I've only had it for 1 oil change so I haven't done much yet, but it's time.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
I'd love to take ours off, but my wife is only 5'3, and we just gained four inches of height today. She's going to need all the help she can get, getting in and out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't realize the platinum reserve was rare I loved the two tone leather seats and couldn't look at anything else after I saw one. I like the subtle updates from my 08. I've only had it for 1 oil change so I haven't done much yet, but it's time.
The platinum reserve I bought was the only platinum reserve withing 200 miles of me at the time of purchase. I see alot of platinum and SL. But 1st gen reserves are rare in my area atleast.

I'd love to take ours off, but my wife is only 5'3, and we just gained four inches of height today. She's going to need all the help she can get, getting in and out!
True... If this were our family car daily driver then I would have left them. But we drive the nicer reserve 90 percent of the time.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
True... If this were our family car daily driver then I would have left them. But we drive the nicer reserve 90 percent of the time.
I hear you. When the four of us our going out, we take the Armada. The kids need the extra step, too. Nobody has a problem falling into my Outback.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Gained 4” from where?

Gained 4” from where?
Never mind…I see your post about the lift…and I’m jealous again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts