Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2010 Nissan Armada. Wondering what the heaviest and longest RV anyone has towed with their Armada? I won't be towing long distances. Maybe 2 hours max from my home. Thank you!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Directly from the Nissan Towing Manual. Length depends on your particular state you are licensed in, as there are some rules on total length.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Note that these are maximum values, calculated using a vehicle with only a driver on board (no other passengers or cargo). You also need to be concerned with GVWR, which is the maximum amount the vehicle can weigh, including trailer tongue weight and cargo. Like most 1/2 ton SUVs and trucks, that's typically the value that is exceeded first. Example, my travel trailer weighs around 5200-5500 pounds loaded. With my family in the Armada, and the trailer attached, I'm exceeding GVWR by about 100 pounds. Note that I'm nowhere near max tow rating, or max tongue load, or max GCWR.

That being said, the Armada is an awesome tow vehicle, and many people on this forum tow trailers much heavier (and longer) than mine with great results. My 2 cents worth? I wouldn't use an Armada to tow a trailer above about 7000 lbs fully loaded, and I would stay under 30' tongue to bumper. Anything bigger than that requires, in my opinion, a 3/4 ton or larger truck.

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I would agree with Kieth. I'm one of those guys Kieth is talking about, towing heavier & longer. He is also right about the Mada being an awesome TV. I purchased mine with the express intent of towing with the ratings it has only to find out after the fact what Kieth states about running out of rating even before you get there. I've managed to keep everything under control with a "premium" hitch and cooling mods to both engine & tranny. I've got the green light to get a 1 ton. Though it's not necessary for this trailer, it'll probably be my last truck so I'm going big.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts