Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Sirius installed, and got my Mada home. I went out on the web and activated the system. It tells me to go out to the radio and tune the radio to 184.

Well, when I try to tune it, it will not let me. The sirius was installed into the factory Bose system. When I select the SAT (through the Radio button), I only see the Radio ID. When I use the channel selector, it will go through the channels, but you cannot select a station. When you try it again, it starts from the begibibg.

Has anybody seen this, and/or know how to fix it? I do not want to have to take it back to the dealer. It is a long drive,

Thanks,
Rakkassan :confused:

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
that is channel 184, easiest solution is to call Sirius and tell them your problem. They will walk you through it and will no more than the dealer.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All is well

Well, all is well now. I called Sirius, and they only wnated to point me back to the dealership.

Everybody seemed to think it was simple, the mechanic said he had never had one returned. I pulled up the installation document form the web and the final step was to do a functions check witch included changing the channel to 184.

So, after 2 1/2 hours the dealer got it working, so I figure it was not a simple issue.

All is well that ends well. I will say Satellite Radio Rocks!!!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Sirius

Just wondering if you can pickup highway info on the Sirius radio, as with other systems. I live out in the country and FM is lousy here in Michigan. Hope the reception would be better with the satelite system.

Rakkassan said:
Well, all is well now. I called Sirius, and they only wnated to point me back to the dealership.

Everybody seemed to think it was simple, the mechanic said he had never had one returned. I pulled up the installation document form the web and the final step was to do a functions check witch included changing the channel to 184.

So, after 2 1/2 hours the dealer got it working, so I figure it was not a simple issue.

All is well that ends well. I will say Satellite Radio Rocks!!!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Highway Info

mich05 said:
Just wondering if you can pickup highway info on the Sirius radio, as with other systems. I live out in the country and FM is lousy here in Michigan. Hope the reception would be better with the satelite system.
I am from Orlando and pick up Orlando/Tampa Weather and Traffic on channel 158

How close are you to Detroit. Weather and Traffic on channel 155.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts