Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I own a 94 SE with the Bose system. Is it ready for satellite radio or do I ned to buy a kit for it? How do I tell?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
A '94 Armada? Man, I loved those old body styles. I remember back when I was a kid, when Grandpa would take us fishing in his beat up '59 Datsun Armada, I can still smell the brakes burning and feel the rotors wobbling like it was yesterday....

BTW, you can have satellite installed on any vehicle, so you are indeed eligible.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I know some late 03 production models did not come prewired. I think it would be safe to say that if your mada has a production date of march/04 and up, it is prewired.

I have a sept/04 and it was pre wired.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Look under the dash near the center. You will see the Bose Amp way up in the firewell above the accelerator assembly. The amp sits at a steep angle. On the same bracket that the amp is attached to, there should be a wire harness with a white plug taped up there. It's clearly visible and is not attached to anything. If you have that, it's pre-wired.

Another way to look is to open the rear lift gate. Remove the light assembly up at the top and pull down the rear plastic headliner and remove. There a few clips but it's not difficult to remove. Once thats removed. Pull down on the actual headliner about 3 inches and look for 2 plugs. There should be a light olive colored plug and I believe a dark green one. Those are the plugs that the satellite antenna will be plugged to. If you have that, you are also prewired.

Once you plug the satellite tuner to the headunit, the "SAT" selection will appear when you cycle the radio button.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
satellite radio plug

hey Gunslinger420, is this the plug you were talking about under the dash above the accelerator assembly. if so if i buy an after market receiver like skfi what do i need to get my xm going? is there a kit that will mate up with this plug? i have not bought the receiver yet i'm just gathering information. i had xm in the car i just traded but it was a factory install so i wasn't faced with what i am with the armada. which didn't come with xm radio installed.
thanks, gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
gwk007 said:
hey Gunslinger420, is this the plug you were talking about under the dash above the accelerator assembly. if so if i buy an after market receiver like skfi what do i need to get my xm going? is there a kit that will mate up with this plug? i have not bought the receiver yet i'm just gathering information. i had xm in the car i just traded but it was a factory install so i wasn't faced with what i am with the armada. which didn't come with xm radio installed.
thanks, gary
That definately is the plug. I purchased the factory system because of my concerns with compatibilty issues with the Bose headunit (Panasonic) if I went with an aftermarket sat system. With that, I can't answer your question if it will work or not. You would think that if there is such an adapter it should work correctly but I would wait and see if anyone else answers your question. I can definately tell you that, again, that is the plug for the for the satellite OEM tuner. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
gwk007 said:
thanks, gary
the only thing that will mate with this plug properly is the OEM XM reciever. any other aftermarket recievers will need to be wired differently and will not display on the factory installed stereo unit

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
satellite radio

thanks Gunslinger420 and art_z. you both gave me some good information. so i guess i'm screwed with the plug matching up with an after market and would have to change the unit out with a oem if i go with the plug. so i guess i will take the cheap route first and try the fm modulation on a roady or skyfi. the xm people since i am a former customer have made me a pretty good offer on the roady2 or the skyfi if i will resign with them. i guess i will give it a try because i got hooked on xm despite the new price increase. thanks again for all of the help.
gary

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
if you have a roady, just plug it in the AUX jack. it will be the highest quality connection. I have a Skyfi2 in my WRX and have to use the lousy cassette adapter. i wish i had an aux jack in that car.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
More of a question than an answer...but why could you not take the wiring from another non-oem and splice it into the factory prewire? I can understand that they have different molex connectors but wouldn't they both be carrying the same info so all you would have to do is figure out which wire is which and connect the like ones?

Does someone have a link to a non-oem wiring harness/setup

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
2004 Armada - Wired for Sirius?

Hope someone can help... have a 2004 Armada and looking to put dock in for my Sirius Sportster. Is the Armada wired for this and is there an easy solution to do this? Before I buy the car kit and wire an antenna, I want to see if there is another easier option. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts