Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 LE and I want to add the satellite radio option into my system. I know I can go with XM or Sirius. Does anyone have pro's or con's between the two? Also is the satelite something that is easy installed and integrated into the vehicle or should it be done at the dealership?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I just purchased XM radio for my Armada. THe reason we chose XM was becuse my wife preferred their country and kids stations...BTW, I HATE country, but it's my wife's car. She spent a couple of days listening to both XM and Sirrius on-line and determined that XM was better...music wise. If you like football then Sirrius might be the way to go as they broadcast most NFL games.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
If you are adding the factory antenna and tuner into a system with NAV, I'd have the dealer do it unless you have some experience.
As for which to pick I'd have to say there is no comparison between the two, Sirius is far better.
1. Sirius has satellites in the Northern Hemisphere whereas XM has theres in the Southern Hemisphere. If you live/drive around in a big city XM drops out alot unless your city has repeaters and most don't.
2. Sirius is trying harder to get more customers due to the contract that they signed with Howard Stern. This means they are expanding their program at a much higher rate than XM.
3. The format is superior on Sirius. They both claim no commercials but having listened to alot of both XM is pretty sneaky about plugging alot of things, even if they aren't neccesarily "commercials"
4. XM has more edited stations than Sirius. The only station that is edited on Sirius is their Number 1 station.
5. Sirius has better more diverse music programming. In this situation I know some people with disagree with me but I stand by it. They both have mainstream rock stations, but it seems the more "esoteric" stations on XM don't really play non mainstream artists, they just play the ****ty songs off of mainstream albums.
6. Finally, I would say the Sirius has a better sports package. MLB is the only thing that XM has over Sirius, and I am a huge baseball fan. XM does have NASCAR but that means nothing to me. Sirius has contracts with more major college conf. and has more NBA and NHL games.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
masterwong said:
I have an 05 LE and I want to add the satellite radio option into my system. I know I can go with XM or Sirius. Does anyone have pro's or con's between the two? Also is the satelite something that is easy installed and integrated into the vehicle or should it be done at the dealership?

Thanks
I've got an '05 with Nav, DVD, and factory installed Sirus Satellite. Matter of fact the dealer just got it working today, had to replace the receiver. It hadn't worked since I picked it up about a month ago. Was waiting on parts for a while. The dealer insatalled version is designed to be controlled through your current radio system. No extra screens sticking out of the dash. Since I have the NAV system, I'm not sure if it works the same way with the non-nav systems, but I would think that it would. I would recommend going with the dealer system for asthetics, however if you want it portable then that is another factor to consider. Sirius is my personal preference (GO EAGLES!!!) Can't get NFL on XM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts