Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to purchase the Armada and have test driven it multiple times. What I cannot decide on is if it is better to buy the se and add an aftermarket nav and dvd or just go with the factory product, same goes with the stereo upgrade. Frankly, I wasnt impressed with the stereo but, it seems like a proprietary installation. So I dont even know if an aftermarket is available. Also, 4x4 or not to 4x4 that is the question. I have occasional use of 4x4 but not that often. Does anyone have differential milage comparisons they could send me. Any info in helping me narrow my decision is appreciated.

One more thing anyone in the Tampa area that can recommend a good dealer or a good price they recieved would be appreciated.

Thanks

B

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
When I got mine only a month go I had the same questions.

First, I decided the LE had the options that were most important to ME as standard so thats the way I went ( heated and memory seats ). Then after having a 4wd for the past 8 years, thought back about how many times I used it. I settled for a 4 x 2 in exchange for the color combos I ( really my wife wanted ).

Actually, I'm waiting to see if I miss 4wd. When you have it, you are fearless. Without it you are less so. Maybe I'll cary chains and then be fearless.

Allen

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Can't go wrong

We liked the basic LE 4wd cause it had everything we wanted. We wanted leather because DOG HAIR doesn’t stick to it! The tow package is standard on the LE and the seat/pedal/mirror memory system is really nice. My two boys liked the rear bucket seats and you have to option out a SE to get them. We pull the rear console so our (moms) dog can come up and see momma. We tow trailers a lot in low traction situations, hence 4wd. Good luck

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
se leather package

first of all nissan navigation is not tuch screen,2nd if you get a SE with leather and tow package you pay $6000to $8000 less that you could spend on upgrade and you get most of the futures exept electronic lift gate :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
There is only $4500 MSRP difference between the SE and LE. LE features: Bose stereo, big tow package, seat/pedal/mirror memory system, leather, heated seats, 2nd row captain's chair/console, fog lights, puddle lights and power lift gate and passenger seat. Did I forget anything? Oh, and chrome grill.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
$$ 4500?????

i got my 2005 se with leather and tow package ,and bose system is included with leater package plus i have seat/pedal/mirror memory system,fog lights and i paid only $35000 for it and you cant find the base LE that starts from less than $41500 and if you get the same discount i got it will get it to $39500/40000 and all of them come aluminum-alloy wheels ,

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
We got the one in my sig for $46000 out the door after taxes and everything. We were also upside down about $1,700 with our 03 Murano that was traded in at the time. The tax was something like $3,300 + for ours here in Nevada...

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
bigger $ difference for 05

Looked at Nissan 05 prices and there is $5100 MSRP difference between a SE and an LE, which is $600 more than $4500 difference in 04. We got ours on 04/04/04 (easy date to remember) for 5k under the $42k MSRP = 37k = ~40k OTD.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
When we bought our Armada, we went through the same exercise. Basically, we found that when you added all of the options to the SE (Bose, leather, Tow, SR, etc.), the difference (MSRP) was only about $1100. For that $1100, we got heated seats, memory seats and pedals, power liftgate, chrome grill, nicer looking wheels, and the LE emblem ;-). None of these features are available on the SE. We went with the LE, with the bench seat in the back instead of the buckets. We bought our truck for $1000 under invoice, before any rebates. We could have bought any Armada on the lot for that deal, they didn't care if it was SE or LE.

Keith

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
2005 armada

with 2005 armada JOURNEY PACKAGE you get all the futures of LE except heated seat,even the power lift gate,and memory seat and ped,and i live in california so i dont need the heated seat, and i am geting a eclipse navigation with back up camera for my car that bring my price on the car to $37250 that is still $5750 under the LE TECHNOLOGY packege($43000) and i get a tuch screen navigation unlike nissan navigation but again i got very good discount on my car in the first place

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
When I started shopping for the Armada, I could not figure out the differences between LE and SE. I even visited 3 dealerships and asked the sales guys. They couldn't even tell me. Other than the obvious comments like the grill and ahhhhh let's go look at the brochure.
The two items that made me go LE were the Chrome grill that I had to have. Which you could probably add to SE for couple hundred bucks. and the clincher was when my wife and 2 kids could not even reach the rear door (liftgate)when it was open. So the power liftgate is used everyday.

I also prefer the SE 2nd row bench. I did find a 2nd row bench in the LE that I got.

But either way, what's important is that you get the 5.6L killer engine in both.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Journey package nix

The problem with the Journey package is you have to take a sunroof. I hate sunroofs. I have had a couple real bad experiences with them and I will never buy a vehicle that has one. They are usually fine when new but malfunction, squeak and leak when the truck gets older and I keep vehicles a long time. If I want open air I’ll buy a convertible. A solid metal roof has no moving parts and do not leak.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
It depends on what options you want. If you want 4x4 and want the full skidplates and the Rancho shocks, then the SE Offroad is the only way to get that. The SE Offroad (at least for '04), came with the 17 inch rims mounted on slightly different rims (which I like) and BFG 285's (better for offroad stuff). Bose system is standard. The only option of any significance was the Big Tow package, which is much less expensive when ordered with the SE Offroad. You do give up the Ranchos in the back in exchange for the airbag self-leveling system, but it is well worth it.

Sticker was right at $41K. When I bought it in June of last year, I paid $36,200 before sales tax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts