Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post. I'm wondering about what surfaces on the seats are supposed to heat up when the heated seats are on. The bottoms are ok, except the thigh area, is it supposed to be hot there too? and the back doesn't seem to get warm at all... New parts are super expensive, has anyone tried to fix the element themselves?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
What year do you have?

In my 06 it should be seat and back both heat up. But my seat burned out (literally black melted spot) and I replaced just the seat part and left the back disconnected.

It is a pain in the ass to replace. I managed to replace the seat pad with one from Amazon (cheap) with the seat still in the car but it is difficult. The heating element is just under the seat surface, above the pad. It is glued to the pad in a few places but once you can get your hands on it you can just rip it out. I went in through the back of the seat. After getting the seat done I decided that was enough and left the back alone and just wired in the seat. Same stock switch and wiring to the seat back then spliced it in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts