Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a second DVD monitor in, or in place of the rear most fold down cubby hole?

regards,

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Check the link in my signature for a photo. Also I think there are a few other photo's around the site of other aftermarket screens. A search might turn them up.

In the future please don't double post your questions. It tends to dilute things. Anyway welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, please read message.

First I apologize for double posting, I was not quite sure where to put the question.

Thanks for the help. Either I am misunderstanding you or possibly you did not understand my question. I currently have the stock DVD player. There are two cubby holes in the ceiling compartment, the front one is for the stock screen the rear most cubby is empty, sort of an odd, flip down, storage bin. I was wondering if anyone had put a screen in this second storage compartment. Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
No appology necessary.

Sorry I didn't catch your question correctly. I haven't seen a monitor added there. I think it would be at an odd angle if it were, plus its on the same line as the one 2 feet in front of it so I don't know what you would gain. I use the bin to store the headphones. If you are looking for more viewing angles/video displays. I would add headrest monitors for the second row and let the 3rd row use the factory monitor.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks,

You know the whole new car thing! Buy it or do it now, I know I won't do it later. Reality has set in, I did some research and it would seem I can't plumb into the factory wiring all that easily and the bin would have to replaced with something that came down at the correct angle. I think for other passengers we may just go with the el-cheapo Wal-mart two screen DVD player. I purchased it to use in my truck, for around 250 bucks it still works fine after a year. Thanks again.

regards,

Bryan

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I was asking for quotes around town to get headrest monitors installed and it has been done before with the factory DVD. The installer was trying to recall the install he did, but he could have swore that an additional signal amp was needed to boost the tv signal to the extra monitors. Worst case you might need one, but the amp is only around $40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts