Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
It´s me again - Andreas from Germany.
My Nissan-Service trying to get the software for the QX motormanagement - computer (we call it "Steuergerät") in order to follow the service-bulletin from INFINITIHELP.com concerning the code 1051/1168 thing, and restart the
AF-Sensor.
They have a new Sensor ready to build in but they are not sure weather it works or will be destroyed again...

My Idea is to get the battery off for one or two ours. Then the whole system has to restart.
So far so good. BUT - and this is my question:

DOES THE BOSE RADIO SYSTEM HAVE A SECURITY-CODE??

Because I don´t have one - and I do not want to try the battary-thing and to drive without sound-system in the futur.

Here in Europe ervery caraudio-system has a code for reatart....

Thanks for answers!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I would thinked there's a code in there. I had an Acura RL with Bose and it required a code once battery is dis-connected. The dealer can get you that code or in my case the code was tape to the inside of the fuse box under the hood. You can also try looking under difference compartment in your QX to see if they have code there.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Andreas, I don't think there is a security code on the Bose. However it is not necessary to disconnect the battery to reset the ECM. In fact, disconnecting the battery will not completely reset the ECM. Follow the procedure below to reset your ECM:

1.Turn the ignition "ON" (be sure it is on ignition, not Acc) then, count to 3.
2. Press the accelerator pedal all the way down and then release. Do this five times, very quickly.
3. Next count to 10 then press the accelerator pedal down all the way and hold it there.
4. Then count to 12. (The SES light should be blinking while you are doing this), then release the pedal.
5. Count to 10, then press the accelerator pedal all the way down.
6. Count to 10, and release the pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. The ECM will be reset to default settings.

If you have any problems try the procedure again.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello scr38

Thanks for your quick answers...
that proceedure -which you gave me before- works well.
But within a minute the ses sign comes again.
Meanwhile I have checked, that the AF sensor Bank 2 does not work.
So I oderd a new one.
INFINITIHELP.com says that there is a proceedure to do with the Nissan-service computer to restart the programm for this sensor.
I have printed it out and gave it to the Nissan-mechanics.
But the Nissan-guys here do not have the software for the QX56.
They try to get it from USA.
Anyway, the question is:
Will it help to put the new sensor in or will it be killed because there is no
restart by the service-computer.
That brought me to the idea just to disconect the battery to restart it.
Or do you think they just should build in that new sensor and that would work?

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Everything should be OK when the new sensor is installed. There is no restart procedure. If the light comes on after the new sensor is installed, do the ECM reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.